Rendering: Progressive or Interlaced? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 22nd, 2007, 12:59 AM   #1
New Boot

Rendering: Progressive or Interlaced?

Greetings

a newbie here with a newbiesh question. What is the best render for a DVD? I am using Vegas 6.0d and plan to render it using DVDA NTSC Videostream template. Shall I render it interlaced, or I will get a better result by rendering it into Progressive only? What is the most common output. Am I right to think that since DVD players have progressive scan that means progressive is a preferred output?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Yobel Pembebasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Major Player

Only render to progressive if you have progressive video material. Otherwise, render to interlaced video. If you play an interlaced dvd on an LCD tv, the tv will do the interlacing far better than the Vegas software will do.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:41 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sieben
If you play an interlaced dvd on an LCD tv, the tv will do the interlacing far better than the Vegas software will do.
By LCD TV you mean plasma? Will it be different if the output will be seen on regular TV?
Yobel Pembebasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:08 PM   #4
Major Player

Plasma and LCD tv's work differently from traditional tv's. But don't worry about that, if you shoot interlaced video, render your dvd's to interlaced video. That shows your footage good on normal traditional tv's and the plasma and LCD tv's also show it good, they have an deinterlacer build inside them that works good enough not to worry about it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...