DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0 Video too wide ?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/87434-sony-vegas-movie-studio-platinum-7-0-video-too-wide.html)

Jeff Belknap February 24th, 2007 08:57 AM

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0 Video too wide ??

Good day,

I have been searching many forums over the past two weeks and am struggling to figure out a few details regarding Sony Vegas. I hope someone can help me out. Here are key points:

* I am using an HDR-HC7, capturing in HDV 1080i

* I capture the HDV camera content using Vegas, I edit and render to Main Concept MPEG-2 (DVD NTSC)

* I use DVD Architect studio 4.0 to burn to my DVD

My problems:

= The video size on my HDTV is too large (looks stretched)

= The video quality is poor (when I process through DVD Architect I noticed the bit rate has dropped to 5000 for some reason)

I know I can't get HD quality from the DVD but I am experiencing very poor quality.

My request:

I would like to know the specific settings (and where to set them in the program) to achieve the best quality wide screen DVD from my camera.

Wow... that is asking a lot I know... thanks in advance for any "tips" you can provide me.

Take care,

Jeff B

Marcus Marchesseault February 24th, 2007 07:47 PM

A bit more information would help:

"I capture the HDV camera content using Vegas"

Are you capturing to DV or HDV .m2t files? Are you editing the .m2t files if you are capturing HD?

If your TV is stretching the image, it may be the TV itself is not set to deal with the SD footage properly. Are you keeping the project at 16:9 or are you cropping to 4:3?

Jeff Belknap February 24th, 2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault
A bit more information would help:

"I capture the HDV camera content using Vegas"

Are you capturing to DV or HDV .m2t files? Are you editing the .m2t files if you are capturing HD?

If your TV is stretching the image, it may be the TV itself is not set to deal with the SD footage properly. Are you keeping the project at 16:9 or are you cropping to 4:3?

Capturing HDV .m2t and editing (just adding titles and cutting). I am keeping the project at 16.9 as far as I can tell (I use templates in "widescreen")

Joe Busch March 2nd, 2007 07:11 AM

Check in Vegas...

I rendered raw .m2t HD footage with Vegas and put it into DVD Architect and it displays in widescreen (black bars on top and bottom) with my 4:3 TV... and plays perfect...

I'll check it on our HDTV 52" and let you know how it looks...

Heh... I think it's because I left it at 1920x1200...

I'm betting if I resized to 720x480 it'd be fine, because I had some SD footage on the same DVD and it played perfect on the HDTV, the HD footage was just a little off...

Jeff Belknap March 2nd, 2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Busch (Post 634590)
Check in Vegas...

I rendered raw .m2t HD footage with Vegas and put it into DVD Architect and it displays in widescreen (black bars on top and bottom) with my 4:3 TV... and plays perfect...

I'll check it on our HDTV 52" and let you know how it looks...

Heh... I think it's because I left it at 1920x1200...

I'm betting if I resized to 720x480 it'd be fine, because I had some SD footage on the same DVD and it played perfect on the HDTV, the HD footage was just a little off...

Ok... let me know how the quality of your video is on the HDTV.... I am curious...

Thanks,

jb