DVDA Chapter Markers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVDA Chapter Markers

I'm trying to burn a project in DVDA 4.0b with out any chapter markers. I have made several videos with Vegas and DVDA in the past, but now for some reason whenever I try to burn the project it is asking me to insert chapter markers?

Background: I create a video collection in Vegas 7d and render the final as an mpeg2 file. I do not add any markers in the project when creating. I open DVDA, select single movie as the project, and select the mpeg2 file created previously. I do not use menus or chapters. I then try to prepare and burn and now an error message appears stating I need to insert chapter markers between a specific time frame. It does not matter the length of the video - I've tried 30 minute videos and I tried a 2 minute video.

As I had mentioned, I never had this problem in the past being able to burn the project without menus or chapter markers. I recently updated Vegas to 7d and DVDA to 4b. Is there something that has changed in one of these programs that may be causing this or is there a setting somewhere that I have overlooked? I never had to add markers in the past and would like to continue that route if at all possible. Thanks for your assistance..
Brian Vilevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Update

I have narrowed the problem down. When I use a 4.7gb DVD I do not have any problems. When I use a 8.5gb DVD DL, that is when I see the message. Any ideas on the reasoning behind this? Thanks.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi,

To my understanding the DVDA application needs to know where to split your video material when buring to a dual layer DVD. There is always an unavoidable delay (blackout) of about 2 seconds, when the player switches layers during playback. Therefore DVDVA cleverly asks you where to put this split point. To hide this transition, you should put in preferrably between two scenes where the video is black.

This behaviour also indicates that your video file to be burned is probably continuous. If the input material would consist of multiple source files, the DVDA would probably be capable of setting the split point automatically.

Christian
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Christian for the response. It now makes sense as to why DVDA is asking for the split point. Yes, it is one continuous file I am bringing into DVDA. There are many files used in the project however the final render I create in Vegas is one continuous file. I may explore a new way of authoring in DVDA.

Thanks again for your assistance..
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Brian,

Glad to be able to return something, I have got so much help in this forum :)

regards,

Christian

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...