XL2 editing in vegas question - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 12th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #31
Major Player

Hmm, I'm not sure on that. I would check to see about using a pair of dual output cards and getting only 1 output from the whole sheband..

Here are some videos that may help. I haven't watched them, just came across them for you..

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizon...eoguide01.html
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #32
Major Player

Congrats John, I use MB myself and am looking around for a 7800 GTX and am also considering running in SLI. I do my work in HDV so hopefullly 7800 GTX in SLI will give me decent rendering/preview performance in HDV.

Altho some ppl say that the geforce cards are gaming only, the 7800GTX uses the same gpu as the quattro fx 4500, but costs much less.
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:32 AM   #33
Major Player

Some people say AMD processors are for gaming only too.. Just because companies go where the money is, and do well at at it, it doesn't mean their stuff doesn't work with other things.

Horsepower is horsepower, as long as it's code-compatible, it works.. :)
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #34
Major Player

I do understand the concern with the Geforce video cards. Most do say they are for gaming only. But, only because that is what they generally are used for. However, reading from the XFX website, they give you the reasons why you SHOULD use these Nvidia cards for editing. Furthermore, magic bullet tested their software in VEGAS with the 7800GTX. Go to Red Giant's website and read the findings. They recommend these cards for their software. There must be a reason. I would recommend this though. If you are looking at using the GTX cards, I certainly recommend the 512mb. You will get much better results.
John L. Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...