DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Making Text sharp and defined in Vegas? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/88486-making-text-sharp-defined-vegas.html)

John Huling March 8th, 2007 11:44 AM

Making Text sharp and defined in Vegas?

I know I read it here somewhere. How do you make the title text/type sharp and defined in Vegas?

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 8th, 2007 11:52 AM

Double the resolution in your Text tool. Change it from 720 x 480 to 1440 x 960

John Huling March 8th, 2007 11:58 AM

Thanks Spot.!

John Huling March 8th, 2007 01:42 PM

If you are still around Is that in the "generated media" drop down text? I have a HDV 1440X1080 going to web 320x something. The text is set to 48

Don Bloom March 8th, 2007 03:32 PM

at the top of the generated media header (when you open up the text box) there is a space to set the size-just plug in the new numbers.

Don

Christian de Godzinsky March 9th, 2007 08:17 AM

Wow,

What a difference this makes. Doubling the resolution in both x and y directions produces very nice looking sharp texts. Now the questions remain:

1. Can this "double resolution" be set as a default for all new clips?
2. How do I globally change the resolution on a huge number of text clips I already have on the timeline? I would NOT like to open each and every one by one...aaarghh...

This SHOULD be mentioned in then manual (that the resolution, affects the final crispiness of text - if increased above the projects resolution), or earns at least to be added to the top 20 FAQ how-to's in Vegas...

regards,

Christian

Don Bloom March 9th, 2007 11:18 AM

No you can't set the size as a preset-:-(
I've tried and it doesn't hold the size only the default size.

As for doing it globally again I have never been able to do it. I've tried COPY and PASTE EVENT ATTRIBUTES and it doesn't work so unless someone else has a trick to do it I have to say no it can't be done.

Don

Jason Robinson March 9th, 2007 11:36 AM

no kidding

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian de Godzinsky (Post 638806)
This SHOULD be mentioned in then manual (that the resolution, affects the final crispiness of text - if increased above the projects resolution), or earns at least to be added to the top 20 FAQ how-to's in Vegas...

I would also like to see a default change setting AND an entry in a FAQ. many times I zoom text around and it looks horrible big. Thanks for the solutions ya'll.

jason

John Huling March 10th, 2007 06:07 AM

Help in Vegas-Sharpening the Text for titles etc...
I went to the "text drop down" in the "Media Generator". It already reads 1440 X 1080 because I am editing in a HDV timeline from the Canon A-1.
I do see that increasing the size makes the Text/Type larger. I then have to resize the point size because it expands the type outside the safe area. The edges remain jagged in the web videos the standard DVD look ok. Maybe that clairification will help.
Is there another way to make the edges sharper and more defined? Draw an outline? If so what are some good starting points? I am using the Text transparent and another one is black background with white foreground text at 48Pt.