video fx not working at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 16th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Tourist

video fx not working

I am just beginning to run the vegas 7 program. It seems to do a good job, however I cannot get the vidoe fx to work. I have followed the directions in the manual and they still do not work. any tips would be helpful.
Eric Haney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 07:06 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Eric,
Welcome to DVinfo-Where's Ewing?

Anyway it sounds like on the preview screen you have either the BYPASS FXs button pushed OR the SPLITSCREEN button pushed-both are common mistakes that EVERYONE does at least 100 times.

Look above the preview screen and make sure everything is set to off-no buttons pushed and that SHOULD take care of it for you.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #3
Tourist

Thank you for the reply Don. Ewing is about 5 hours south of Chicago just of Int 57 Pop. 312 Just a village.

I will give the tip a try tonight There are so many buttons I just need more time to learn them all.

I will be leaning on you folks here at DVi for lots of input. Please be patient with me.

Thanks again
Eric
Eric Haney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #4
Inner Circle

No problem thats what we're here for

312? I think there are more people in my neighborhood ;-)

Well good luck to you and ask away but FYI a lot of stuff has already been covered in great detail so you might want to search thru first just to save yourself some time.

You might also want to look for some posts by Edward Troxel, he is a Vegas guru, and then click on his signature as he has newletters on line that have a LOT of info regarding Vegas.
Don

Last edited by Don Bloom; March 17th, 2007 at 09:14 AM. Reason: add a thought
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

And I'm about 6 hours south of Chicago so you're only about an hour north of me.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...