DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Setting in and out points in the trimmer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/89282-setting-out-points-trimmer.html)

Milt Lee March 18th, 2007 08:37 PM

Setting in and out points in the trimmer

Am I missing something here? I use the trimmer alot - set in and out points - use I and O, and if I do everything in the right order - it always works just fine.

But I like to set an in-point and then play with an out point, and when I do the In point goes away. Or I find an out point - place it, and then look for a nice in point - and again, both points want to go away. WHY??????

Why can you just set an in - or an out - then mess around till you have what you want, and then set the other point??????? I usually make subclips out of everything, and it's so simple to do. But this quirk really makes me nuts.

Suggestions? Am I nuts, stupid, or too demanding????

Thanks,
Milt

Robert Garvey March 18th, 2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milt Lee (Post 643931)
Am I missing something here? I use the trimmer alot - set in and out points - use I and O, and if I do everything in the right order - it always works just fine.

But I like to set an in-point and then play with an out point, and when I do the In point goes away. Or I find an out point - place it, and then look for a nice in point - and again, both points want to go away. WHY??????

Milt

Look I edit the same way as you have described and it seems to works just fine.

I would look around the interface and see if you have something else selected. Otherwise, I have no other suggestion!!

Cheers,

Milt Lee March 18th, 2007 10:08 PM

thanks Robert - the process does work. BUT here's where I'm having the issue.

After I've set an in point - I can put in an out point - change my mind - make the piece longer - click a little further and reset the out point, and the IN point stays just fine, and the piece can be chosen.

HOWEVER - if you decide that you want to change the IN point - the out point disappears. Set an out point - then try to set an in point, and you don't select anything. The little loop region shows up - but the piece isn't selected - it doesn't turn blue.

That's what I'm talking about

Mike Kujbida March 18th, 2007 10:21 PM

The Loop Region above the timeline is still highlighted though(medium gray for me).
All you have to do is double-click that area and you have your blue highlighted area back again.
Kind of a klutzy workaround but it does work.

Milt Lee March 19th, 2007 08:16 AM

THANKS a bunch, Mike. yep you are totally right. It does work. Seems strange why it would be set up that way - I never would have guessed that that was what was going on. But there you are. I really appreciate it!
Milt