How to copy track motion keyframes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to copy track motion keyframes

If I have track motion doing what I want for the first thirty seconds ... how do I copy those keyframes and apply them to the same (or different) track 2 minutes later on the timeline?

Thanks,

KIM
Kim Kinser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

right click ont eh key frame in question- COPY move down the timeline right click and PASTE

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 01:40 AM   #3
Old Boot

If you have one or many KFs, you can "drag over" the KFs and RIGHT click and do copy paste. The subtle point I'm making is that clicking on one/several KF I can dislodge it from its position. Plus I find left-drag and right-click copy/paste quicker and intuitive. Dragging I can SEE the video Previewing and make a judgment as to WHAT KFs I want.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: How to copy track motion keyframes

I'm posting my question to this old thread because the topic is the best fit, although the original posters actual requirement was a little different.

I have 26 tracks, one for each letter in alphabet. I want each letter to appear side-by-side at the top of the screen. I'm using Track Motion because I need to position some of the letters outside their object space.

I applied Track Motion to the first in order to size and position the first letter A. Now I'd like to copy that track motion to all other tracks as a starting point for size as well as X and Y positions. All I'll have left to do then is simply change the X coordinate for each of the other tracks.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
How to copy track motion keyframes-trackmotion.png   How to copy track motion keyframes-trackmotion2.png  

Ken Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

After setting up the first track, right-click a blank area of the track and choose "Duplicate Track"
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey, Ed thanks for responding. I had tried that, before posting, but it didn't work correctly.

I didn't notice that when I delete the media that came across with the copy of the track, I lost the keyframe. I just realized that I had "Lock Envelopes To Events" on. So I turned it off before creating the copy and now it's all good!

Thank you!!
Ken Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...