DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA Disc Design - deadline is today!!!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/89580-dvda-disc-design-deadline-today.html)

Lance Spratt March 22nd, 2007 08:51 AM

DVDA Disc Design - deadline is today!!!!!

Good day,

I apologize in advance for the long post....

I have run into a stumbling block with DVDA with my most recent project and would appreciate your input!

I have multiple pieces of media in this project that include button exit media, plus a number of clips that are to played back as one large video title, and as well they are to also played back in smaller sub video packages if required, similar to a scene selection function. When either the main video package or the shorter sub videos packages are played, they need to return to a specified menu.

Here is my design so far:

Button Exit Media
Media 1-8
*The above items are played in sequence as a play all from the main menu. The menu button links to the button exit media, which then links to a playlist that plays media 1-8. When the play list is done, it is linked back to the main menu. I need full chapter functionality throughout the playlist. When the viewer continues to hit next chapter to the end of the playlist, the playlist needs to return to the main menu. I have set the end link for the playlist to be the main menu. If the user hits the menu button mid way through the play list, i need them to be returned to the main menu.

Media 1,2,8 (this is the same pieces of media 1,2 & 8 as in the group above)
*The above three pieces of media need to be played back in succession as one video off of the 'scenes' menu. I have used a playlist again to make these three pieces of media play back in succession. Once the playlist is complete, it links back to the 'Scenes' menu. I need chapter functionality throughout the playlist. I also would like to design it so that when the user hits the menu button on remote when midway in the playlist, it links back to the scene selection menu.

Media 3, 4, 8 (this is the same pieces media 3,4 & 8 as in the main group above)
*The above three pieces of media need to be played back in succession as one video off of the 'scenes' menu. I have used a playlist again to make these three pieces of media play back in succession. Once the playlist is complete, it links back to the 'Scenes' menu. I need chapter functionality throughout the playlist. I also would like to design it so that when the user hits the menu button on remote when in the playlist, it links back to the scene selection menu.

Media 5 - 8 (this is the same media 5 - 8 as in the main group above)
*The above four pieces of media need to be played back in succession as one video off of the 'scenes' menu. I have used a playlist again to make these three pieces of media play back in succession. Once the playlist is complete, it links back to the 'Scenes' menu. I need chapter functionality throughout the playlist. I also would like to design it so that when the user hits the menu button on remote when in the playlist, it links back to the scene selection menu.

Media 9-11 (this is media only for this fourth scenes button, and is not part of the play all button off of the main menu)
*The above three pieces of media need to be played back in succession as one video off of the 'scenes' menu. I have used a playlist again to make these three pieces of media play back in succession. Once the playlist is complete, it links back to the 'Scenes' menu. I need chapter functionality throughout the playlist. I also would like to design it so that when the user hits the menu button on remote when in the playlist, it links back to the scene selection menu.

I have one instance of each piece of media in the project overview window at the moment. I do not have multiple instances of the same media in the project.

If the user continues to push next chapter in these shorter playlists to the end of the playlist, I would like to have the disc return to the scene selection menu. Most often though on the set-top players, it links to one of the video clips elsewhere on the DVD instead of considering the playlist complete and going back to the menu.

I have been successful in getting a design to work in the DVDA previewer, but once the disc is burnt, the routing or linking when using the menu or next buttons in a set-top player change from what DVDA previews as. I have tried 3 players with the same change in functionality. I am trying to come to terms with what the limitations are in my design. will this design work? Am I asking DVDA to do something that it is not design to do?

your help is much appreciated!

Lance

Bill Ravens March 22nd, 2007 08:57 AM

Not sure if what I can offer you will be of help. Moreover, you didn't specify what version of DVDA you're using. I've, recently, experienced some failures with version 4b, in which the preview played fine, but, when burned onto a DVD-R, the disc would play partially, then fail. The same file burned successfully when I was using version 4a.

Lance Spratt March 22nd, 2007 09:06 AM

sorry for not including software version

using DVDA 3.0c build 133

I'm not convinced that this is necessarily a software issue yet, but I find it curious that the previewer and a set-top player(s) do not react the same way.

I am more concerned that my design is flawed.

Thanks!

Lance

Robert Garvey March 22nd, 2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance Spratt (Post 646083)
Good day,

I apologize in advance for the long post....

.If the user continues to push next chapter in these shorter playlists to the end of the playlist, I would like to have the disc return to the scene selection menu. Most often though on the set-top players, it links to one of the video clips elsewhere on the DVD instead of considering the playlist complete and going back to the menu.

....I am trying to come to terms with what the limitations are in my design. will this design work? Am I asking DVDA to do something that it is not design to do?

your help is much appreciated!

Lance

Hi Lance, I am not an expert on DVDA but you may want to try this list

http://www.jetdv.com/vegas/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

I think I read something on this list that sounded similar.

Cheers,
Robert