ZigZaggy Movement with Mpeg2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 24th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

ZigZaggy Movement with Mpeg2

Sorry for the description but that is all I could think of. I generally use Vegas 6 with NTSC DV-AVI from tape and it works as expected. Recently a friend gave me some mini-DVD's (Mpeg2 I presume) from his camcorder for some minor editing. I assembled the seven discs on the timeline (not without some challenges) but when I play it back, on any scene with any movement the edge of the moving object seems to have a sawtooth look to it (or zigzaggy look). With any significant movement it is pretty much unwatchable.

I thought it might be ok after rendering but when viewing it in DVDArchitect, it appears the same.

I did not change any of my default settings.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Curt Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #2
Trustee

It sounds like the interlaced field order is reversed. Can you change the projects settings while using this footage to a different filed order (i.e. odd or even)?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Marcus. I went into "Properties" for the project and changed "Deinterlace method" from "none" to "Interpolate fields". Not sure what this does but it fixed the problem!
Curt Talbot is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...