2 cam shoot, interview at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 25th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #1
Inner Circle

2 cam shoot, interview

So it's a two camera shoot of an interview. The main camera on the interviewee and the other on the host. We only want occasional reaction shots of host, most of the time we want the interviewee on screen.

I put the host's clips BELOW the interviewee's clips and when I want to cut away to the interviewer, I'm just deleting the interviewee's footage.

Is there a better way to switch between the two subjects in Vegas?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #2

DoubleTake is a free two-camera tool.
There is also Ultimate S 3.0 four cameras) Excalibur 25 cameras,
infinitiCAM (99 cameras).
In other words, lotsa options. DoubleTake is a freebie, for just two cams you'll likely find it will turn the trick. It allows you to use keys on your keyboard to switch between cams, while allowing you to see both camera tracks at the same time in your preview window.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #3
Trustee

Ditto

Ditto on the Double take. it is free and works pretty well. you place a marker at each cut. the only problem is it gets annoying to remember which camera your most recent cut was focused on.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Haven't used Double Take, will have to check it out, but I highly recommend Infinicam!

I usually have 3-4 camera angles, and Infinicam does the trick to sync everything up (which I still do by eye/audio, although infincam has a function to do it automated), and allow cuts/dissolves.

Couldn't live without it myself.

DB>)

PS - I clicked on Spots' link for Double Take, see it's a "freeware" version of Infinicam with just two cams, so you can't go wrong with it, I'll bet!! And the other cool stuff on that page solves another "problem" i was trying to figure out, got to go download these goodies!!!! Just for anyone who hasn't seen or heard of VASST, it's worth checking out, BIG TIME!!!

Last edited by Dave Blackhurst; March 26th, 2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Found more cool stuff!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Is there a way to do it just using Vegas? without a plugin?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #6
Inner Circle

yes.
Cam 1 on 1 vid track-cam 2 on a 2nd vid track
Use PAN/CROP and adjust size and position of clips-size to 1440X960 and move one track to the left of frame and the other track to the right of frame- instant 2 camera visual.
To make it a bit easier make a MASTER TRACK and move the clips you want to use UP to that so you don't get mixed up after cutting.
HTHs
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce
Is there a way to do it just using Vegas? without a plugin?
Vol 1 #9 of my newsletters gives you three different methods of doing it with only Vegas.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...