HV20 PAL 25p in Sony Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 4th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #1
New Boot

HV20 PAL 25p in Sony Vegas?

Hi everyone. Im in the UK and am about to take delivery of the HV20 any day now, and have a question about the 25p mode. Ive been editing 1080i footage from my Sony HC1 for about a year within Sony Vegas 6/7 with no problems. This 25p mode is completley new to me, can somebody tell me how to edit it? Vegas 7 has templates for ;

HD 1080-50i (1920x1080, 25.000 fps)
HDV 720-25p (1280x720, 25.000 fps)

but which do i use?? If im shooting in 25p and want a progressive look to my finished output can i edit my footage within either of these preset templates?? Finally, can i mix 1080i footage from my old HC1 with the 25p footage from my HV20 and still acheive a progressive output? Any help would be very welcome and appreciated. Cheers guys.
Peter Hatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 05:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi peter,
like to check with you, how were you able to order the HV20 Pal, have been looking everywhere but couldnt find any, is it an online store?
many thanks
ys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Hatton View Post
Hi everyone. Im in the UK and am about to take delivery of the HV20 any day now, and have a question about the 25p mode. Ive been editing 1080i footage from my Sony HC1 for about a year within Sony Vegas 6/7 with no problems. This 25p mode is completley new to me, can somebody tell me how to edit it? Vegas 7 has templates for ;

HD 1080-50i (1920x1080, 25.000 fps)
HDV 720-25p (1280x720, 25.000 fps)

but which do i use?? If im shooting in 25p and want a progressive look to my finished output can i edit my footage within either of these preset templates?? Finally, can i mix 1080i footage from my old HC1 with the 25p footage from my HV20 and still acheive a progressive output? Any help would be very welcome and appreciated. Cheers guys.
Yow Siang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Major Player

Peter - I am also interested in knowing where you have sourced the HV20 from!

I currently use the HV10 and it will be interesting to see how 25p works with 50i in Vegas - I'm afraid I have no answers yet.
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #4
New Boot

hiya, try the following link;

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?&Quicklinx=4FKF

its for DABS.COM who are offering the uk pal HV20 for £733. they have told me i can expect it anytime very soon. Ive pre-ordered camcorders before from DABS and they tend to get them in stock before any offical release date (in my experience anyway). There postal charges are very reasonably too, about £6 i think.
Im a complete newbie to 25p and i have no idea how to edit it correctly in Vegas, hope someone here can give me a clue!
Old April 4th, 2007, 07:50 AM   #5
Major Player

Here's a company with it advertised here in Australia.

http://www.computeralliance.com.au/p...x?qryPart=7788
Glenn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Guys,
that you for the links but unfortunately none of them ships internationally to singapore :)

thanks
ys
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:08 AM   #7
Major Player

Yow, I'm surprised you guys don't alreay have it there with those two huge computer and electronics shopping centres. I've forgotten their names though...
Glenn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Here in Denmark, more shops are listing it as being in stock on the 10th of April. I have it on order in one shop with this date, and another with unknown date.

Price has been creeping down. I started with a price of 9200 kr = 835 UKP. Now most shops are down around 8500 kr = 772 UKP. A few shops are 15 UKP cheaper. VAT is 25% here in Denmark.

German web shops do not have a delivery date. The most optimistic says 5-10 days. But I hope I will have it before my birthday in a little over 2 weeks.

Swedish webpages says 7th - 10th april. So it will be here soon.
Povl H. Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Yes i am very disappointed too, infact i ask many shops from the 2 ITmalls and they respnded" HV20? what is that? is there such a model?"
Can't believe this.. I even called Canon Singapore and they have completely no idea when itis launching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Thomas View Post
Yow, I'm surprised you guys don't alreay have it there with those two huge computer and electronics shopping centres. I've forgotten their names though...
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #10
Major Player

Just put the video on the timeline and change project properties to progressive. That will preview your video as progressive (deinterlace) as you edit and will make the generated media match up with the 25p footage.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #11
New Boot

Thanks Guy, are you saying that i should use the HD 1080-50i (1920x1080, 25.000 fps) template, but change the properties such as the" field order" to progressive scan? Do i need to change the width (1920) or height (1080) and do i leave the pixel aspect ratio at 1.0000? Finally do i need to change anything in the "deinterlace method" box, it defaults to blend fields but there is an option of "none". Presumably then i can mix 1080i footage and the 25p footage on the same timeline and still acheive progressive output? Cheers for helping a 25p newbie!
Old April 5th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Hatton View Post
Presumably then i can mix 1080i footage and the 25p footage on the same timeline and still acheive progressive output?
I can't anwer your other questions but I'm pretty sure Vegas can handle any mix of formats on the timeline. It is widely described as being "format agnostic".

Good luck.

Dennis
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #13
New Boot

Hv20 Uk Pal Now Shipping!

Just a quick note let everyone know who has been waiting for the UK PAL release of the HV20 that mine has been shipped today from DABS.COM (in the uk) and will be arriving at my home tomorrow. DABS have confirmed this today.The website at the time of writing this is showing it as "awaiting stock" but it may be worth giving them a call if you are in the market for the PAL version. Hope this is of use to someone!
Peter Hatton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...