can't find a capture pref at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 5th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

can't find a capture pref

howdy group: been setting up 3 Vegas 7 workstations at school for my edit students, and due to our specific file housekeeping/moving files needs i wanted to set a pref in VidCap so it would not automatically deposit newly captured clips in the open veg.

I looked high and low and scoured the user manual and embedded help topics and could'nt find any way to set this pref. What's maddening is that i'm *sure* this was a possibility back in Vegas 3 and 5 days. Or, i could just be losing my grip on reality. Does this possibility exist in 7?

Anyone?
Michael Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Old Boot

Without opening Vegas, try capturing using VidCap directly. You can find VidCap from within the Sony Vegas Folder. If Vegas isn't/hasn't been opened, where could it possibly deposit the newly captured files?
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #3
Inner Circle

in your preferences of VidCap under Disc management set a new folder and under File set to New-now it will be a new project and you direct the file to the folder you specify.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
If Vegas isn't/hasn't been opened, where could it possibly deposit the newly captured files?
Unfortunately it'll go to the last used folder - which is a MAJOR annoyance (especially in an educational setup with numerous users) and one that has repeatedly been asked to have fixed.

Out of curiosity, if you don't have a folder specified, where would they go? C:\My Documents\... I assume?
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...