Unique Audio problem Involving the Captured 3/4-inch videotaped project at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 7th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Unique Audio problem Involving the Captured 3/4-inch videotaped project

I had a slight problem capturing my 16 year old 3/4-inch videotaped production into the world of digital: audio channel #1 of my master didn't capture because of its age. So I captured the dub version of my master and both channels captured.

Here's the new problem: Now that I have this 104-minute production into Vegas, I will have to get rid of the "master audio" and replace it with the "dub audio," while obviously keeping the master video track. Is there a way where I can keep that master channel number two audio and just add the channel one dub audio? I hope you can follow what I mean. I probably want to turn the project into 5.1 sound. What would you suggest and thanks so much for all the input.
Dale Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 06:43 AM   #2
Inner Circle

If I read this correctly then on the Master Number 2 audio right click on it and in the menu you'll see various channel options. Left, Right, Both, Combine, Swap and Invert Phase. Pick the channel thats appropriate and it will then Center Out. Do the same for the other audio track and you're all set.

If I mis-read your post then disregard all of the above ;-)
OOOPS, forgot to mention that IF you want to delete the audio once you're happy with what you have set up then you can just go to the track header of that track and right click on the header and Delete Track.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:35 AM   #3
Sponsor: VASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Pick the channel thats appropriate and it will then Center Out. Do the same for the other audio track and you're all set.
...and if you want them to stay as left and right channels just pan one track left and the other right in the track header.

Finally, I would select all three tracks (Video, Left Audio, & Right Audio) and press the G key to group them together. This way they will move as one just like the original audio and video.

~jr

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...