Chroma key software options - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 26th, 2007, 06:54 AM   #16
Jubal 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post
Good tips. We used fluorescents above and below the screen. One problem is that we mixed electronic and transformer ballast units - they have different temps. We'll get more electronic lights before our next shoot. We're also lacking in the foreground light department. We've picked up a Lowell catalog at NAB and after going through the lineup, we've got our wish-list items circled. (The same units my son was leaning towards before NAB.)
Well, I meant the color temperature of the background video you're keying in, rather than the color temp of the green screen. You had, for example, some daylight (very blue) as background, while your car was lit very orange. If it doesn't look like your background and foreground are lit by the same source (the sun, in this case), it's much easier to spot the key.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
Well, I meant the color temperature of the background video you're keying in, rather than the color temp of the green screen. You had, for example, some daylight (very blue) as background, while your car was lit very orange. If it doesn't look like your background and foreground are lit by the same source (the sun, in this case), it's much easier to spot the key.
Agreed. We applied some correction, but our lighting options were limited.
Old April 28th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle View Post
4:2:0 keys very well.
Just because it has 4:2:2 in front of it means almost nothing by comparison to what it once meant.
Hi DSE,
long time since I posted, business is rocking and I now have three kids to take care of. We did some amazing stuff with Ultra and a HVX in DVCPRO50 SD mode... have a look at
http://www.modernafilmer.se/ebuilder/
and practice your swedish... :)

Ultra 4ever! But we are looking at Reflecmedia/Chromatte...

/magnus

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...