How is Vegas 7.0e working for you? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 7th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Major Player

How is Vegas 7.0e working for you?

A quick question to the masses. If you have recently upgraded from 7.0d to 7.0e (or other incremental updates for that matter) what are your thoughts on the upgrade?

Is it more/less buggy?
Has it fixed some of the issues it mentions in it's release notes?
How is it working with AVCHD?
Is it faster/slower?

Etc....
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi James,
It's working fine for me, no bugs. Don't know if 7e did it but my render times are shorter now, especially for .avi and .mpeg files formats (always less than real time). The .wmv renders are still taking about 2-3 times real time for the show. I haven't used the AVCHD function yet.
Randy
Randy Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Vegas 7.0e

So far...so good.
Clay Coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #4
Major Player

I have to say I'm suprised that there have been few responses to this post. I say that because I am seeing a fair number of issues being discussed in other threads in regards to 7.0e causing problems for people.

So I want to ask the question again....what's going on with people and their experiences with 7.0e?

I have had the update saved to my computer for some time but have been waiting to see what sort of feedback people have in their experiences with it before I update.
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:16 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Maybe you're seeing few responses because people are generally happy with the update? I personally have no complaints.

And as far as problems go, I guess you answered your own question - they're to be found in the other threads.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Major Player

I'm now having consistant hangs at 85% of building levels when I open a file. I don't understand -- the system has plenty of resources.
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:10 AM   #7
Major Player

I too have hesitated to update to e due to rumored problems. And I am having no problems with d for what I use it for.
Old May 20th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I've been using it without any problems. I have a client that is going to provide me with some AVCHD clips he shot himself. I'll see how it works with that this week.
Travis Binkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:10 AM   #9
Regular Crew

The only issue I had was that some clips would cause Vegas to hang when building the peaks for the audio. I had one clip (only about a minute and a half long) that would consistantly hang).

I rolled back to 7.0d and it came it without a hitch.

--Steve
Steve Szudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Szudzik View Post
The only issue I had was that some clips would cause Vegas to hang when building the peaks for the audio. I had one clip (only about a minute and a half long) that would consistantly hang).

I rolled back to 7.0d and it came it without a hitch.

--Steve
That is exactly what I did/happened to me.

SB
Steven Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:42 PM   #11
Major Player

Found a better thread for my question

Last edited by Joey Atilano; May 21st, 2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Found a better thread for my question
Joey Atilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:46 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Stewart View Post
Hi James,
It's working fine for me, no bugs. Don't know if 7e did it but my render times are shorter now, especially for .avi and .mpeg files formats (always less than real time). The .wmv renders are still taking about 2-3 times real time for the show. I haven't used the AVCHD function yet.
Randy

I am getting excellent results with 7e. Faster renders and even faster than real time with wmv.

E6420 Processor and 2 gig of ram.

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
www.vidmus.com/scolvs
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:25 PM   #13
Major Player

Well, after all is said and done I think I will go ahead with the update from d to e. Seems most people are suggesting good things and I would certainly love to speed up renders if possible. I'm very suspicious of the posts I have seen where 7.0e is the suggested culprit for problems. I often consider that human error is often the biggest issue. I am going to finish my current project before doing the update but should have it going sometime next week. So I'll be able to better answer my own question.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I very much appreciate it.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:34 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hooey View Post
I am going to finish my current project before doing the update but should have it going sometime next week. So I'll be able to better answer my own question.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I very much appreciate it.
Do yourself a favor, do a complete backup of your current system before you install 7E. If for whatever reason there is a problem you can easily go back to what you now have as if nothing ever happened.

I use "Casper" to make a clone of my boot drive before I install and/or upgrade anything. So if things do go wrong for whatever reason I can go back to what I had as if nothing was ever done with my system.

You are correct in finishing your current project first. Still, the clone of the boot drive is highly recommended!

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
www.vidmus.com/scolvs
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:01 PM   #15
Major Player

I wish there was an easy way to go back. I have a lightning fast machine that is now hanging or crashing every single day, and only in Vegas.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...