DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   How is Vegas 7.0e working for you? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/93437-how-vegas-7-0e-working-you.html)

James Hooey May 7th, 2007 12:41 PM

How is Vegas 7.0e working for you?

A quick question to the masses. If you have recently upgraded from 7.0d to 7.0e (or other incremental updates for that matter) what are your thoughts on the upgrade?

Is it more/less buggy?
Has it fixed some of the issues it mentions in it's release notes?
How is it working with AVCHD?
Is it faster/slower?

Etc....

Randy Stewart May 7th, 2007 06:38 PM

Hi James,
It's working fine for me, no bugs. Don't know if 7e did it but my render times are shorter now, especially for .avi and .mpeg files formats (always less than real time). The .wmv renders are still taking about 2-3 times real time for the show. I haven't used the AVCHD function yet.
Randy

Clay Coulter May 8th, 2007 12:55 PM

Vegas 7.0e

So far...so good.

James Hooey May 15th, 2007 11:35 PM

I have to say I'm suprised that there have been few responses to this post. I say that because I am seeing a fair number of issues being discussed in other threads in regards to 7.0e causing problems for people.

So I want to ask the question again....what's going on with people and their experiences with 7.0e?

I have had the update saved to my computer for some time but have been waiting to see what sort of feedback people have in their experiences with it before I update.

Ian Stark May 16th, 2007 09:16 AM

Maybe you're seeing few responses because people are generally happy with the update? I personally have no complaints.

And as far as problems go, I guess you answered your own question - they're to be found in the other threads.

Dana Salsbury May 16th, 2007 09:53 AM

I'm now having consistant hangs at 85% of building levels when I open a file. I don't understand -- the system has plenty of resources.

Terry Esslinger May 16th, 2007 10:10 AM

I too have hesitated to update to e due to rumored problems. And I am having no problems with d for what I use it for.

Travis Binkle May 20th, 2007 11:31 PM

I've been using it without any problems. I have a client that is going to provide me with some AVCHD clips he shot himself. I'll see how it works with that this week.

Steve Szudzik May 21st, 2007 10:10 AM

The only issue I had was that some clips would cause Vegas to hang when building the peaks for the audio. I had one clip (only about a minute and a half long) that would consistantly hang).

I rolled back to 7.0d and it came it without a hitch.

--Steve

Steven Bills May 21st, 2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Szudzik (Post 683102)
The only issue I had was that some clips would cause Vegas to hang when building the peaks for the audio. I had one clip (only about a minute and a half long) that would consistantly hang).

I rolled back to 7.0d and it came it without a hitch.

--Steve

That is exactly what I did/happened to me.

SB

Joey Atilano May 21st, 2007 05:42 PM

Found a better thread for my question

Danny Fye May 21st, 2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Stewart (Post 674460)
Hi James,
It's working fine for me, no bugs. Don't know if 7e did it but my render times are shorter now, especially for .avi and .mpeg files formats (always less than real time). The .wmv renders are still taking about 2-3 times real time for the show. I haven't used the AVCHD function yet.
Randy

I am getting excellent results with 7e. Faster renders and even faster than real time with wmv.

E6420 Processor and 2 gig of ram.

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
www.vidmus.com/scolvs

James Hooey May 22nd, 2007 09:25 PM

Well, after all is said and done I think I will go ahead with the update from d to e. Seems most people are suggesting good things and I would certainly love to speed up renders if possible. I'm very suspicious of the posts I have seen where 7.0e is the suggested culprit for problems. I often consider that human error is often the biggest issue. I am going to finish my current project before doing the update but should have it going sometime next week. So I'll be able to better answer my own question.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I very much appreciate it.

Danny Fye May 22nd, 2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hooey (Post 684276)
I am going to finish my current project before doing the update but should have it going sometime next week. So I'll be able to better answer my own question.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I very much appreciate it.

Do yourself a favor, do a complete backup of your current system before you install 7E. If for whatever reason there is a problem you can easily go back to what you now have as if nothing ever happened.

I use "Casper" to make a clone of my boot drive before I install and/or upgrade anything. So if things do go wrong for whatever reason I can go back to what I had as if nothing was ever done with my system.

You are correct in finishing your current project first. Still, the clone of the boot drive is highly recommended!

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
www.vidmus.com/scolvs

Dana Salsbury May 22nd, 2007 10:01 PM

I wish there was an easy way to go back. I have a lightning fast machine that is now hanging or crashing every single day, and only in Vegas.