DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 7.0e locking up computer- how to go back to 7.0d (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/93738-vegas-7-0e-locking-up-computer-how-go-back-7-0d.html)

Ruth Happel May 10th, 2007 01:37 PM

Vegas 7.0e locking up computer- how to go back to 7.0d

I recently upgraded to the new version of Vegas, 7.0e, and can no longer build peaks. The computer locks up trying to render the audio. I contacted Sony, but have received no reply. I am in the middle of a project and can't do it with this bug. Does anyone know how to go back to version 7.0d? Thanks.

Edward Troxel May 10th, 2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Happel (Post 676750)
Does anyone know how to go back to version 7.0d? Thanks.

Uninstall "e" and then reinstall "d".

Ruth Happel May 10th, 2007 03:49 PM

I don't see an easy way to uninstall e without removing the whole program, and d isn't available on the Sony site anymore. Can you tell me a way to do this? Thanks.

Mike Kujbida May 10th, 2007 04:05 PM

You can find "d" on the Sony FTP site at http://download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/

Alex Thames May 10th, 2007 05:35 PM

Are those from the Sony FTP site only trials?

Mike Kujbida May 10th, 2007 05:49 PM

If you don't already have it, then yes, it is only a trial.
In Ruth's case though, she was looking to roll back to Vegas 7.0d from 7.0e and this is a way for her to do it.

Ruth Happel May 10th, 2007 07:54 PM

Thanks, I hadn't found that link on Sony's information. I just went back to version 7.0d and everything is back to working fine. I guess I'll wait a bit on this upgrade, since for some reason it doesn't work right on my system. I really appreciate you sending that, I'm back in business!

Mike Kujbida May 10th, 2007 07:58 PM

Glad to hear that it worked for you Ruth.
I stumbled across the FTP site link on the Sony Vegas forum one day and decided to bookmark it "just in case" :-)

Ruth Happel May 10th, 2007 10:42 PM

Your saving the link just in case was great news for me. Thanks! I was totally blocked by the "upgrade" so being able to go back to 7.0d was really important. I appreciate you getting back to me so fast here on the forum, too. I'm back at work now, thanks to you!

Matthew Chaboud May 11th, 2007 03:29 PM

Ruth, has anyone in support gotten back to you?

What was your source-media type?

Ruth Happel May 11th, 2007 05:54 PM

I finally got a reply from Sony today but their "workaround" was change the imported files from .m2t to .avi, but since I use elecard to view the files, I really don't want to start changing file extensions. I don't need AVCHD or the other upgrades with the 7.0e revision just now, so will stick to the older version until there is something in an upgrade I really need, and then hope it works by then.

Steven Bills May 12th, 2007 02:28 PM

I'm having this exact same problem, so if going back to 7.0d is the solution, then I'm game.

SB

Alex Thames May 14th, 2007 06:12 PM

I don't understand what the problem is. That native .m2t files can't be imported into Vegas 7.0e because peaks are unable to be built?

I was working with Vegas 7.0a for awhile, but because I have a slow computer, I rendered all the .m2t files to a Cineform intermediary (.avi), which I then used to edit everything. Then I moved to Vegas 7.0e, still using the .avi files and everything seems to work fine. Are you guys saying that if I switched them back to the original .m2t files, Vegas 7.0e wouldn't work right?

Steven Bills May 16th, 2007 10:18 PM

That's how it worked for me. I had e installed, had problems building audio peaks, and so I went back to d, and now I have no problems.

I love how Vegas makes things so easy.

SB

Joey Atilano May 21st, 2007 05:46 PM

I dont understand how you un-install E. I tried to re-install D and it says to undo E but how without deleteing the whole program?

Thanks Joey