Time Laps stills and panning at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 14th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Time Laps stills and panning

If I have 200 pictures of time laps recording on the timeline, and each picture is 5mpx, I have room for panning inside the picture. Is there a way to do this panning without adjusting x and y for each of the 200 pictures?
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

You can use scripts to create random auto-panning. But if you want something specific, you'll have to do it manually.

Since this is a time lapse, did you import them as an image sequence? (i.e. 1 frame per file but it looks like a single file on the timeline). If not, you might want to consider that.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Major Player

nest it...

Create a project at native rez of the stills, get them all on a timeline... then create a new project at your output rez. and nest the stills *.veg file on the timeline , doing a pan, zooms, etc. on the nested timeline.

HTH,
Brian Brown
BrownCow Productions
longtime PPro user, newbie Vegas "tester"

http://www.brownland.org/blog/
Brian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:04 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Since this is a time lapse, did you import them as an image sequence? (i.e. 1 frame per file but it looks like a single file on the timeline). If not, you might want to consider that.
Nice and easy. Both ways worked, but this was the easiest way to do it. Thank you!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...