fade to black at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

fade to black

when i start off a new timeline and transition my video from black to 100% on my outputted 16:9 dvd displayed on 4:3 tv their are grey lines top and bottom while black or transitioning then gradually disappear as video becomes opaque. any tricks for this one?? original is 1080 60i on 1080 60i timeline. it only happens when you transition the video off to transparent. compositing mode is source alpha. no lines on crossfades. no problem on computer screen or output file only when on dvd on tv screen
Tom Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Lines on Display

I don't have an answer for you, but I've seen the same result on my external monitor. I was attributing it to the monitor, since I noticed the same lines when the monitor is connected to a source other than Vegas ext monitor
Peter Greis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...