Help I broke all video capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 26th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #1
Major Player

Help I broke all video capture

I have Vegas 6d on my laptop. I wanted to do my first project, but now I can't capture anything. The program controls the camera, but when I try to capture no video or audio comes through. Earlier I had some Sony audio playing software that I installed for some free songs, I then decided to uninstall it. After that capture programs were asking for some openmg program. Now Vegas and even moviemaker won't capture anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Wrangler

A re-install of the Vegas software will probably restore the missing components. It's not that long of a process.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, I forgot to mention that I did try a reinstall with no luck.
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #4
Major Player

If it's only DV, just use Windows Movie Maker to do the capture then import the .avi file into Vegas.
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #5
Major Player

Moviemaker has stopped capturing as well. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled my firewire card. The camera is recognized when it is connected and I can control it with the VTR controls, just no video or audio is transferred to the computer.
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:34 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Two things come to mind here. Either the firewire card on your laptop or the firewire port on your camera is bad.
Can you try connecting your camcorder to another computer to confirm that it works elsewhere?
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #7
Trustee

wow, David I have the exact same problem. My computer won't recognize my DV or my HDV. It started to and then stopped and I can't get it back. When I plug in a DV camera, it doesn't even recognize that is it connected. I have tried uninstalling the drivers in the device manager but that doesn't do anything. Going to reinstall Vegas and see if that help...let me know if you figure it out.
I don't get any controls on mine though. Nothing happens, it is like there is nothing connected to my laptop. This goes for both my Panasonic mini DV and my HC1 HD camera. Movie maker doesn't work, nothing.
EDIT : it is getting a little more clear. It recognizes my old Samsung DV camera, but not my newer cameras - so I am guess it is a driver corruption on my Panasonic and Sony or something. Well, installed the USB drivers for panasonic and I got my built-in firewire to work now, but my Cardbus PCMCIA does not work. There are no drivers for XP for it, so it is going to be a problem.

Last edited by David Delaney; May 27th, 2007 at 02:34 PM.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #8
Major Player

My cameras work fine on my other computers. What I think happened was that I installed some Sony music manager software to get some free music. I don't remember the name of the software, but it is the same that is needed for putting music on a Sony mini-disc. I then decided to uninstall the software and that is when it happened. I've done a lot of clean-up and still no resolve. I really don't want to totally reinstall my OS.
Old May 29th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #9
Major Player

You could try a system restore first, then a repair installation of Windows before a complete reinstall...
Peter J Alessandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #10
Major Player

A system restore didn't take for some reason. I am going to try the Windows repair and see what happens.

Thanks.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...