Editing music video in Vegas.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 27th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Editing music video in Vegas..

I have a question about editing music video in vegas. Im trying to learn on 4 long clips in each the vocalist is lipsynching entrite song. I made markers in trimmer by hitting M on every kick in all 4 clips. I have all those clips in timeline in their entirety synchronized with music track. Now i would like to be able to get Vegas to cut all those markers in small, seperate events so i can adjust starting and end points or even delete whole blocks. This way i could easily choose with take was the best for each and every line in a song etc. I tried it with subclips but it doesnt work like i thought.
I hope you guys understand what im trying to achieve, please let me know how i can do that if its doable in Vegas.

Thanks.
Voitek Nosovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Ultimate S 3 may be what you are looking for:-

http://www.vasst2.com/product.aspx?i...a-3ab01fee6db7

You simply put your four tracks in then setup Ultimate S's Quad Cam and then you can switch between all four cams which are then shown in the preview window. You get a alittle tally light to show you which track is currently active.

After you have finished, you then process the tracks and Ultimate S build you a master track with only the cuts you want with pre determind crossfade length.

It's GREAT!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #3
New Boot

yeah but its 170$ - im looking for a solution using vegas 7.0 only but thanks anyway.
any other ideas?
Voitek Nosovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Honestly your only options are either Ultimate S, Excalibur OR find a script that will batch cut. Of course you would still nedd to move the clips to a master track yourself Etc, so this is where a pluging like Excalibur or Utimatte S shines.

Excalibur has a demo that you might want to try out.

Search for Edward Troxel and there is a link in his signature.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I highly recommend that you use "mute" envelopes ... add a mute envelope to each track, keying it to "muted" will let it bleed through to the track below. You can drag the key frames to alter the transition point easily.

You can also turn on automation ... then press "Play" .. as you toggle "mute" it will record/save your cuts, like live switching.
Kris Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Since you don't want to spend the money on Excalibur or Ultimate S, the only other way to do will be painfully slow.
Edward Troxel talks about it in Editing Multi-Cam Events in Vol. 1, Issue 9 of his newsletters.
In a nutshell, place each clip on it's own track.
Use Track Motion to shrink them down to 1/4 screen size and place them appropriately.
Create a new master video track on top of everything else.
Start splitting clips where you placed your markers and move the desired video event only to the top track.
Use the 2 and 8 keys (2=move event down and 8=move event up) on the numeric keypad for this.
This makes moving events much easier.
They won't drift left or right this way either.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...