Is Ultimate S an asset to Vegas with HDV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 6th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Is Ultimate S an asset to Vegas with HDV?

Let me try this again. I have considered purchasing Ultimate S by VASST for the film effects etc. I have read up at the Vasst site and can find nothing about HDV. I assume it will work the same, but would like to hear from someone using it or someone who knows about it. Does it work the same for HDV rendering? Also, is Cineforme NEO HDV the best capture and converter for Vegas using HDV? Thanks. J
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
I use the Canon XH A1 HDV cam and I think I have decided to purchase the Cineform NEO HDV for Capturing and converting to intermediate files from the start. Before I do, I would like to ask if anyone has a BETTER suggestion for comparable pricing...also is Ultimate S 3.0 By Vasst an asset to acquire when using HDV workflow in Vegas? Are the film like effects able to take advantage of a GPU 512MB video card? I use magic bullet currently, works ok with the GPU, but MB has always been a CPU hog. I would like to put my mind at rest before making these purchases. Obviously I am looking to get the best HDV results from Vegas as well as converting and burning to DVD. Thanks. J Hey Spot, if your reading this, good job on the Training DVD for my XH A1. I learned a lot.
John, the film looks in US3 use Vegas' rendering engine and don't do GPU acceleration. It's not tied to particular brand/models of video cards. In terms of rendering performance, I think it's comparable to Magic Bullet??? US3 has a 15-day trial so it might be easier to just check it out on your hardware.

2- Can't tell you much about Neo, sorry.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...