eliminate jitter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 9th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

eliminate jitter

Hi, the jitter was introduced by using this nice slomo technique http://rarevision.com/articles/slow_motion.php
The fields are interpolated into full frames but the frame rate is kept.
The effect was applied by AE .
What would be the elegant/easiest way to eliminate the flicker within vegas?
Forgot the link to my video...
http://stage6.divx.com/user/sasi_yaa...ONEY-BUZZARD-2
that is a 17MB file on stage6 so you will need a Divx codec.
Sure , the best way would be to go to AE ,but I don't own the ep and the guy that did the slomo don't have a clue.
BTW
Can I use this technique in Vegas?
Thanks
Sassi
Sassi Haham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 02:01 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes you can do that in Vegas, it does it automatically when you set deinterlace to interpolate and set the clip playback rate to 50% with smart resample (not sure about going 60i to 24p though), then render the clip as progressive. It can introduce flicker however. the only way to get rid of the flicker that I could find was to deinterlace a clip twice, once as upper first once as lower first, then weave the two clips back together using a parented mask on alternate frames.

Another way to do it is to use smart deinterlacer, set your project to double the frame rate (50 or 60fps), turn vegas deinterlacing off, then render the clip with smart deinterlacer as progressive with double frame rate, you can bring it into a normal frame rate project and slow it down to 50% or 40% if you're goin 60i to 24p. This might give you better res than the vegas interpolate deinterlace, might avoid the flickering as well, haven't tested it for that.
Andy Gordon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...