Vegas not seeing HC7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas not seeing HC7

I'm trying to capture for the first time from my Sony HC7 to Vegas 7e. When opening the capture utility, a message is displayed that reads "The device Microsoft AV/C Tape Subunit could not be opened". Under the Video menu the only device showing is the Microsoft AV/C Tape Subunit.

My guess is that I shouldn't be seeing this Microsoft driver at all. I've installed the Sony Handycam application software and this app seem to control the HC7 just fine. But this is just a guess.

When trying this for the first time, I connected the camera's firewire port to the PC before installing the Handycam software. I think this caused the problem and installed the Microsoft driver. But, I used System Restore to go back to before I connected the camera. Then I installed the Handycam software.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by David Jasany; June 24th, 2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Clarify
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jasany View Post
I'm trying to capture for the first time from my Sony HC7 to Vegas 7e. When opening the capture utility, a message is displayed that reads "The device Microsoft AV/C Tape Subunit could not be opened". Under the Video menu the only device showing is the Microsoft AV/C Tape Subunit.

My guess is that I shouldn't be seeing this Microsoft driver at all. I've installed the Sony Handycam application software and this app seem to control the HC7 just fine. But this is just a guess.

When trying this for the first time, I connected the camera's firewire port to the PC before installing the Handycam software. I think this caused the problem and installed the Microsoft driver. But, I used System Restore to go back to before I connected the camera. Then I installed the Handycam software.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
I posted to soon. I learned about the "internal application" for capturing and I'm capturing at this very moment. Looks like I didn't need to install the HandyCam software, which just gets in the way.
David Jasany is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...