Subtitles in DVD Architect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 28th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #1
Tourist

Subtitles in DVD Architect

Hi,
I just joined the form last week. I am also trying to learn Vegas 7/DVDA 4, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem. I added subtitles to my single movie project in DVDA. When I play the DVD in a DVD player the subtitles don't display at all. I think I'm missing something very basic. Any advice would be much appreciated.
-Ted

Last edited by Edward Troxel; June 28th, 2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Split from another topic
Ted Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Potentially dumb question but are you enabling the subtitle feature of your DVD player with your remote? This feature generally defaults to OFF.
I just finished doing 2 training videos with subtitles and, other than adding the subtitle track in DVDA, didn't have to do anything else.
The only problem I ran into turned out to be user error as the person viewing it didn't know how to activate subtitles with their remote. Once they figured it out, everything was as expected.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Tourist

I was right about one thing. Mine was a very basic dumb mistake. Thank you Mike. It works.

Ted-
Ted Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Glad it worked for you Ted.

Mine was a very basic dumb mistake.

Not if you've never used subtitles before.
Add this knowledge to your long-term memory and it'll never happen again :-)
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Subtitles

I been reading the information on subtitles in Vegas Pro 8 and saw there is a couple ways to do it. One being to just add them in the DVDA program if your delivery is DVD...or use a script from VAST...just wondered what you guys did.....thanks for any information at all.
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #6
Major Player

Imported Subtitles: DVD Architect

Is there an option in DVD Architect Pro 5.0 which allows setting the font properties of all subtitles in one operation?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:02 PM   #7
Major Player

I found the solution. Once the desired properties are set on on subtitle, right-click and select "Apply formatting to selected tracks".

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...