Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) - Page 85 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2004, 08:34 PM   #1261

I can manually send you your password.
We recently moved to a much bigger, more robust server. However, our ISP also has a spam prevention tool that is currently preventing us from sending mails automatically from the system. So, we're either on the hunt for a new ISP that can serve our needs, or we find a workaround. T.J. has been manually sending passwords all weekend.
http://www.vasst.com
Old October 26th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #1262

There is no way to create a DVD with a CD burner. You can put MPEG on a CD in a CD Burner, and some set top players and most computer systems will play it, but that's really just an SVCD, which Vegas can also do from the toolbar/timeline.
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #1263
Regular Crew

Stutter in Vegas problem

I have a project and I'm having problems with the video stuttering just before and during a crossfade. It gets even worse when using a velocity envelope. so bad that is totaly unexceptable.I'm using Vegas 5a.

any ideas as to what might be causing this?
I edited the clips down to what I wanted using the S key, If that makes a difference. can't see that it would, just thought I'd through that in there. I defrag often so I don't think it's that......

My system:
P4 2 gig/ 512mb of ram/ 3 hard drives, C: windows XP
D: Vegas software E: audio files used buy Sonar V: all media files associated with Vegas ( 160 gig sata drive).
F: windows swap files (completly seperate drive for windows and Vegas.

Are there any windows services that Vegas needs?
some have been shut off to save resources. It was recomended in a "how to tune windows XP for audio" artical.

Any help would save me from a mental breakdown, as this is happening in the middle of a paying gig.
Old October 27th, 2004, 12:43 PM   #1264
Inner Circle

Are you seeing the stutter in the preview window? If so check the foolwing things. 1) check the Opacity levels at Track Level. Sometimes without realizing it we hit the slider and move it just a bit and that can be a problem. 2nd, how do you have the preview window set? If it's set to best or even Good Full lower it tp Preview (auto) or Full and that will hopefully eliminate the stutter.
With Vegas being a software dependent program sometimes the computer can't keep up when the preview is set to best quality.
Check the work thru the preview screen at Preview quality and then FW thru to an NTSC monitor or even a good TV to check for color correction and make sure all is as it should be.

Hope that helps,
Don B
Old October 27th, 2004, 01:51 PM   #1265
Regular Crew

I'll check opacity. I do have preview set to full best so I'll change that and see what happens.
Thanks for the ideas.
Old October 27th, 2004, 03:24 PM   #1266
Sponsor: JET DV

I'm betting if you look at the framerate below the preview screen that it is dropping during that point. One thing you can do to quickly bring it back up to speed is a RAM Render of that transition.
Old October 27th, 2004, 06:47 PM   #1267

Hey gang,
Many of you have been uploaders and downloaders on the VASST file sharing site.
As you've seen, we're undergoing significant construction there, having just moved to a new, much larger and faster server. We've experienced a few bumps along the way, but we're growing it as best we can.

Anyway, your input about what you'd like to see different on the site would be appreciated. With nearly 1000 training resources up there for Sony, Adobe, and Ulead products (mostly Sony) it's getting difficult to sift through it all, so a customized search tool is already in progress.
We'd really appreciate hearing from you regarding improvements to the site. We're not going to go down the forum road, it seems there are far and away enough of those. We'll listen to everything you have to say, but may not implement all suggestions.

On another note, has anyone noticed that the new server is faster?
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:19 PM   #1268
New Boot

Vegas Veg Files

I am relatively new to Vegas. I am confused on these veg files. These are a project files I realize but I have seen some veg files at various places for download. These are mainly title affects and things. I am having trouble importing them into my project if I wanted to use any of them. When I do it closes out the file I am working with and opens the new veg file.
Is there a way to import them into a project and then modify them from there. What I am trying to do is use some of these premade things in a project and them modify it to suite my needs. Thanks for any help.
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:51 PM   #1269
Major Player

Brian,
Each session of Vegas can only have one project (.veg) open at a time. You can, however run as many sessions of Vegas as you want (or your system can handle).

You should be able to open two sessions and simply copy and paste the clips from one to another.
Old October 28th, 2004, 03:39 AM   #1270
Regular Crew

DVD Architect & DTS

Anyone know how i can put dts audio on a dvd using DVD Architect?

I have the dts audio files as .wav and .dts but just putting them in as audio tracks but don't work

any ideas? or is it DVD Architect just won't let me do DTS?

What Dvd authoring program will do dts?

Thanks
Old October 28th, 2004, 06:03 AM   #1271
Regular Crew

Would another stick of memory help?
One thing I did do and it helped alot was to up my dynamic ram setting. By default it was on 16 . I changed it to 64 and it made a huge difference.

I'll try rendering to ram on the tough looking stuff.
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:43 AM   #1272
Major Player

Other stutter problem

Building a title sequence i keyframed the tracking and leading so that the letters start out all together then move apart to reveal the words. Rendering whether with PTT or to a new track results in the movement stutter or stairstepping as it goes out.

Same thing happened when keyframing the scale. I started with a huge font that put the text beyond the screen, the scaled it in. It renders out with stuttering.

On the other hand, in the same .veg file, i keyframed the position and color, these render out smooth.

Help. I'm running late with this wedding video.

Scott

P1.4M/512Mb/7200rpm external firewire drive/Vegas 5.0a
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:44 AM   #1273

That setting controls how much ram is used for ram renders so upping that number should help. If you add more ram then you can have even longer ram renders so, yes, it can help.
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:46 AM   #1274

You can do that one of two ways:

1) As Kyle said, open Vegas twice and copy from one instance to the other instance.

2) Open the effects project, modify as needed, and render. Now bring that render into your real project.
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:48 AM   #1275
Major Player

rendering short

Using Render To New Track I selected a 20 minute segment and clicked on Render Loop Region. I only got the first 5 or so minutes. there's plenty of space on the hard drive. what am I missing?

Scott

P1.4M/512Mb/7200rpm external firewire drive/Vegas 5.0a
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...