DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/98077-vegas-video-discussions-2004-q3q4.html)

Dave Largent July 12th, 2004 10:43 AM

Audio Doesn't Render

Occasionally this will happen. The audio track will be
missing after the render, and the only way I can get
Vegas to render audio is to re-boot the system.
Anyone else ever notice this? Seems to occur more
as Vegas has been running for a while without a re-boot.

Edward Troxel July 12th, 2004 10:58 AM

I have not noticed this. What format were you rendering to? What preset did you use? Did you go into custom and change the preset?

Rob Lohman July 12th, 2004 11:12 AM

And which EXACT (including a, b, etc.) version of Vegas are you using?

Andre Andreev July 12th, 2004 11:50 AM

24p? 24p adv.?

Does Scenalyzer capture the DVX100 24p, 24p Advanced and 30p modes correctly? (personal experience please).

I checked their website but could not find any info on this.

Also, in my experience with the Vegas caprure, the cause for dropped frames has always (4 out of 4 times) fragmented hard drive and / or running process in the background.

-- Andre

Michael Best July 12th, 2004 12:35 PM

Kevin, did you ever get this solved? I know exactly what you're talking about and find it's frustrating. There is an obvious jump in
and jump out, it also depends of the type of effect and what you're resolving to or from. Did you figure anything out? I can't
imagine repeating multiple layers at different levels.

Dave Largent July 12th, 2004 12:39 PM

Version 4d, Rob. Was d the last 4 version?
No change to custom presets, Edward, just standard
DV AVI. Happens one out of ten to twenty renders.
Actually, the audio track is not *missing*, it will be there
but with just no audio. Maybe I need to re-install the
program. Just wondering if anyone else had this.

Edward Troxel July 12th, 2004 12:42 PM

4.0e was the last "4" version.

I've not seen this happen unless I had muted my audio.

Kevin Kimmell July 12th, 2004 12:50 PM

Well... making sure that the effect is ON before you fade into that video clip and then making sure that you fade back to the non-effect laden clip BEFORE the effect is finished seems to be the easiest way. The more gradual your fades, the smoother it will look.

Now if you are using effects on both (or multiple) video streams then you would need to make a copy of at least one (or have at least one with no effect) so that you can fade back into a "normal" scene before the effects end.

You could also layer the clip endings so that the effects end on one clip first, then you fade to it from the still effected clip and then once your completely onto the non-effected clip you're back in "normal" mode.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

Rob Lohman July 12th, 2004 01:57 PM

What operating system are you running this on, Dave?

Josh Bass July 12th, 2004 02:53 PM

Some basic vegas quesitons.

I'm working with Vegas 4.0 e.

A few questions:

Are there any FREE additional FX plugins available for download somewhere? I know about the Satish plug-ins, but all he's got are 3d plugin pac, Wax, morph, and maybe a few others?

Also, I'm trying to do some things with titles, like making each letter a different color. . .no luck. When I try to color a single letter by selecting it, then going to "properties" and picking a color, it colors the whole title. . .even if I composite enough copies of the title to color each one differently and have only one letter of each copy show up in the final comp, I still can't figure out a way to do this. Isn't there some relatively simple way to accomplish this?

Douglas Spotted Eagle July 12th, 2004 03:27 PM

Walmart has a great price...

on the new Sound Forge book.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...3A3920%3A105315

Thought you guys might like to know.

Douglas Spotted Eagle July 12th, 2004 03:31 PM

http://www.panopticum.com has some fun plugs, albeit very slow.
In terms of freebies on the video side, there isn't much.

To get the letters to be each different colors, you'll need to insert a new track for each color. The way I do this is to create the title, then duplicate it to separate tracks, then cut out, or erase the letters I don't want, leaving spaces where they were. Sometimes, depending on the font set, I need to use Track Motion to exactly place a letter. By keeping the full, original title in there, you can see exactly how letters overlay.

Dave Largent July 12th, 2004 04:30 PM

Yep, it's just like Edward said: the same as if the audio
were muted, but it's not. If I close down Vegas and re-boot,
and then bring Vegas up again, with no changes, the
audio will render. But once it starts not rendering, it
won't render again till I re-boot.
The operating system is Windows XP Home.

David Jasany July 12th, 2004 06:16 PM

DSE, Good to see you hanging out here a bit.

Paul Jason July 12th, 2004 06:56 PM

Went to look at the link and I got this message:

Sorry! The page you're looking for is either temporarily unavailable or no longer exists.