Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) - Page 93 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old November 7th, 2004, 06:49 PM   #1381
Regular Crew

Color sync script

I was just wondering if their was script that corrects color?
I want to make color sync with whole video.
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:20 PM   #1382
Sponsor: JET DV

Scripts cannot "see" the video.
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:25 PM   #1383
Regular Crew

How about auto color correct?
Old November 7th, 2004, 09:19 PM   #1384

Correcting color is a manual process. You can find may tutorials here: http://www.wideopenwest.com/%7ewvg/tutorial-menu.htm
Old November 7th, 2004, 09:53 PM   #1385
Regular Crew

ok thx Edward...
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:27 AM   #1386
Major Player

24p footage + Vegas + AE = some ??'s

Hello all: well i've been preparing for some upcoming projects in which we're going to be shooting some 24p dvx footage and then using AE for some flashy music video effects, I've been honing up my AE trapcode skills etc. but have come up with many questions using Vegas with AE even after searching aroung the forums:

1. So, Vegas and AE don't share the same codecs so do you VEGAS + AE users edit and color correct your project in Vegas, then export uncompressed AVI sections to AE for fx then render out uncompressed AVI to pop back into Vegas for the final render and file export? Am I making this too complicated?

2. What frame rate should I set in AE for my project and render when working with 24p footage? 23.98, 24, 23.976? Pulldown turned off for the render?

3. Is it correct to assume that when rendering out to my uncompressed AVI that I should set field order to none for progressive frames? Will this do the trick?

4. Have you AE users experienced fx changes between a RAM preview and a render out? I had some light blowout effects that morphed into our logo which worked perfectly with my ram preview but when I rendered out at best quality, these blowouts were reduced and the fadein of my logo was exposed and thus the nice fluid effect ruined. (yes, I go to make movie under composition settings then set my render settings there, don't worry I'm not trying to file export).....

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old November 9th, 2004, 12:54 PM   #1387
Tourist

Snapshot in Vegas

Hello everyone,

This is my first time here, I would like to thank my friend showing me this board.

Ok, I was wondering how I can get a snapshot of a frame so I can edit it in Photoshop. I have used the snapshot button they have on the preview screen but if I were to import the edited frame back in I get the black bars from the top and bottom for the screen. Is there any easier, or better way to capture snap shot of a frame?

I'd like to stick to one program instead of having to edit something at home and having to take it to school to and edit in Premiere.

-Thank you in Advance
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:07 PM   #1388

Yes. Just above the preview window is a series of buttons. The one on the right is "Save Snapshot". To get the best image you need to change the preview to Best (Full) first.
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:17 PM   #1389
RED Code Chef

The copy to clipboard button does not incorporate some resolution
stuff which in turn results in the black bars. Click the button to
save the snapshot (as Edward said) to your disk (choose the PNG
format to not loose any information) and you should be fine!

Welcome aboard DVInfo.net Ake!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:43 PM   #1390
Regular Crew

SCVUG Meeting Agenda - Tuesday, November 16th, 2004

SCVUG Meeting Agenda - Tuesday, November 16th, 2004

1. Vegas 5 Companion
2. Veggie Toolkit
3. Ultimate S
4. Patient 8794
5. V5 FASST Lesson
6. Q&A
7. Raffle
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Jay, Will be Showcasing Gary kleiner's - Vegas 5 Companion, Training Course. This New, 5 DVD Set includes over 9 Hours of High Quality Instruction, Info, Lessons and Resources for all levels of Vegas Users. Watch for a review to be posted after the meeting. Here is a link for more info and ordering. http://www.vegastrainingandtools.com/

- - - -

2. Liam kennedy, Will be Showcasing the "Veggie Toolkit" from Peach Rock Productions. Veggie Toolkit, contains five great scripts - Capture Cutter, Time Bandit, Multi Render, Clip Logger and Media Sync. All designed to work seamlessly and improve your workflow with Vegas 4 and 5. Here is a link for more info and ordering. http://www.peachrock.com/software/veggie-toolkit.html

- - - -

3. Liam, Will also be Showcasing the New "Ultimate S" Scripts and Plug-ins, by VASST. These new Vegas Scripts will blow you away. Come see them in action. Here is a link for more info and ordering http://www.vasst.com/ultimate.htm

- - - -

4. "Patient 8794" A Special SCVUG Member Presentation of an 18 minute feature by Marcelo Lewin. The feature was produced entirely with Vegas. And, Marcelo will be discussing the Features, Veg Files.
Here is a link to patient 8794.
http://patient8794.thedailyfarce.com/_tdffilms/movies/patient8794/

- - - -

5. Douglas Spotted Eagle, from VASST - Is once again, allowing us to present a training segment from the Vegas 5 FASST DVD. Everyone, enjoyed this at the last meeting. And, hopefully with time allowing - we will do it again! here is a link to order VASST Products. And Remember to include "SoCAL" in the discount codes box to receive the special SCVUG discount offers. http://www.vasst.com/training_products.htm

- - - -

6. Got a Vegas Question? If our group of experienced Vegas Users can't answer it - I will call Spot, Gary, Tim Duncan, Edward Troxel or wake up the Boys in Madison - To get it answered!

- - - -

7. The World Famous - Free Raffle of Valuable Sony, VASST and Sponsored Products.

- - - -

Here is the meeting location and address. And, please rsvp.

Tuesday - November, 16th
Where: Melrose Mac
Address: 6610 Melrose Ave.
City: Hollywood
Time: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.

Jay Mitchell
SCVUG Host
Old November 10th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #1391
Regular Crew

Saving files to DVD

I have finished a project and done a ptt. I'd like to save all the project files to dvd also.
What files do I need to make sure I can load it back in to Vegas if needed? Obviously all the avi's of the clips, but what else? Veg file ect.

Thanks.
Old November 10th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #1392

Forget the AVI's - they are still on your master tapes and you can recapture them. Generally speaking they are way too large anyway.

Save:
VEG file(s)
Media Files (images, music, etc...)
SFVidCap file(s) (made by the capture program - makes it easier to re-capture)

Alternately, just copy everything over to a hard drive for saving. That's what many people are doing today - just setting a hard drive on the shelf containing the entire project!
Old November 11th, 2004, 05:31 AM   #1393
RED Code Chef

Also see: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=34674

Old November 11th, 2004, 10:36 AM   #1394
Regular Crew

Duplicating a track of generated media

I have a presentation with a track consisting of only generated text media. I need to make several versions of this presentation in different languages so I planned on duplicating the generated media track and changing text to the appropriate language. Then mute/solo the appropriate tracks in publishing to create the correct version.

The Duplicate track feature won't work because it doesn't create a separate copy of the media. So if I modify text on the chinese track, the english track is also changed. And I can't seem to figure out how to select all the media for only one track to do a simple cut and paste. I thought this would be simple but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to copy and duplicate one track of generated text media.
Old November 11th, 2004, 12:05 PM   #1395
RED Code Chef

It should work if you copy (CTRL+C) the event (the genereted
media) and the paste it in a new track. I've done this and works
here. I just tried it again with "text media" and works flawlessly
here in Vegas 5.0b. Dragged the text media to the timeline and
it created a new track. I then selected to insert a new track,
copied the event and then pasted it in the new track. It then
asks me if I want a reference or copy. I selected copy, changed
the text and I had two different generated media events!

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...