DVD 4 won't burn at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 16th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #1
Tourist

DVD 4 won't burn

Just installed Dvd 4, first burn didn't. But the menu I had chosen did. The second disc does the same the menu burns and the prompt changes to Burning Video the estimated time just proceeds to add and add. On the second disc I ejected and reloaded the disc, DVD 4 gave me a error message and then proceeded to burn the disc? I then tried again with a preprocessed DVD. It now burns the menu and goes to burn the video. Where yet again it just proceeds to add to the length of time for completion of burning.

It is a puzzlement. I have noticed similar problems on the Sony home forum, the answer there was process the info and video, then use Nero to process to a ISO image and burn the disc that way.

Any help will be enthusiasticly read.

Thanks in advance

Carl West
Carl West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Check to see if your burner has a firmware update from the manufacturer.
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Another option is the PREPARE in DVD Architect and then BURN is some other program (i.e. Nero, Record Now, etc...)
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

If you are a windows user save yourself a bunch of headaches and get this free program to burn with

CD Burner XP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

I replaced all of my cd burning applications with this, it does it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Another option is the PREPARE in DVD Architect and then BURN is some other program (i.e. Nero, Record Now, etc...)
Martin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I never had any problems burning...you might check to make sure there is no breaks in the timeline. If there is a gap between you're menu and footage that may be the culprit. OR your audio is not synced up correctly to the footage to cause this hiccup in burning. I also bring in my footage in two separate files. One as Mpeg-2 for the video and a separate file for the audio.
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #6
Tourist

So far the suggestion of updating the burners firmware seems to have worked.
Thanks for everybodys advice. I'll go back to reading the old forum archives to speed up my learning curve.

Carl
Carl West is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...