Rendering Stops at fram 44,859 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 21st, 2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Major Player

Rendering Stops at fram 44,859

I have a 42 min project that I am trying to render out using the Vegas 6 Template for HDV 1440x1080 60i. I've tried twice now and it stops at 64% or 44,635 and now 44,859 frames. Vegas thinks it is still rendering as the time left and elapse time keep counting. However, if I come back in 2 hours it will still be on the same frame. Vegas doesn't seem frozen, I can still highlight items on the menu bar, but when I click "cancel" on the render progress pop up, it will freeze - the only way out is ctrl-alt delete in End with task manager.
I have had no trouble rendering project this long before, although most were going to DVD . This one I was trying to use in Ulead Movie Factory for output to HD-DVD, and is encoded at the default 25mbps. I successfully rendered this once, but with the Video Quality slider at the default 15. I am trying it at 30 now - could that be the problem? Is it a memory limitation? I am using Win XP pro on the following computer: AMD X2 4200 w 2 gig ram, Hard Drives: 2 500g IDE drives (for Win Xp and program files, and for Video rendering, a 500g Raid 10 (4-250g = 500g equivalent Raid 0 performance + the backup feature of Raid5). In taskmanager, jsut before I had it shut down Vegas, it said Vegas was using 1.068g of my 2gis of ram.

As Always, thank you very, very much to anyone who has any ideas,tips, solutions, etc. - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:53 PM   #2
Inner Circle

My best advice is to upgrade to Vegas 7, since Vegas 6 is riddled with problems involving longform HDV projects. When I used to be on Vegas 6, My render crashes after only 2 1/2 minutes of rendered video. So I had to render in two halves and hope the joining render didn't crash. So it's best to upgrade to Vegas 7 or render the project in parts then join them together in a different application such as Avid.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 01:00 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the Reply Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang View Post
My best advice is to upgrade to Vegas 7, since Vegas 6 is riddled with problems involving longform HDV projects. When I used to be on Vegas 6, My render crashes after only 2 1/2 minutes of rendered video. So I had to render in two halves and hope the joining render didn't crash. So it's best to upgrade to Vegas 7 or render the project in parts then join them together in a different application such as Avid.
Thanks Jack. I have Vegas 7 sitting here in the box. I just have one project that is complete (except for the rendering ), and I didn't want to screw it up by switching to V7 until it was complete. Actually I was going to switch a long time ago, but it always seemed I got involved with a new project that had to be done, while I was still finishing another, and lo and behold, here I am months later. I think for what ever reason, V6 doesn't like one still photo, as it always hangs on the same one. Anyways, If i can get this last one rendered out I will be ready to switch. Thanks again - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...