I love Vegas - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 17th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Gipson View Post
I am absolutely IN LOVE with Vegas Video.

Yes, I agree, it is simply amazing!
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #32
Major Player

Digital Cinema with Vegas

We did a 5 second bumper in full HD 1080 uncompressed with a 5.1 soundtrack.

We received the 5 x 25 = 125 uncompressed TIFF's from animator. Imported as sequence to vegas. Exported lowres Quicktime for the 5.1 sound producers. Received broadcast wave from them. Imported broadcast wave file onto five tracks in vegas. Exported separate audio for each channel with uncompressed 5 second HD 1080 AVI sequence onto external hard drive. Courier to the cinemas "intake" post facilities. Project checked in ok.

Vegas did not crash once through this project.
Amazing stuff.
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #33
Major Player

Josh Wrote:

"It also has a somewhat silly name ..."

The name turned me off the first time I heard it, too.

Then I learned its a perfect acronym for "Video, Editing, Graphics and Sound"...

...which is accurate AND descriptive!

The first time I tried it, I was instantly hooked.

BMW
Brian Mitchell Warshawsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Mitchell Warshawsky View Post
Josh Wrote:

"Video, Editing, Graphics and Sound"...

BMW
Nice. Sell these words to Sony;)
Serge Victorovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #35
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

i've been working with a editor for the past 3 weeks that uses FCP 6 ( studio 2 ) on one of my projects .... i have to say i was a little thrown back - at NAB i remember hearing drop anything in the FCP 6 TL and it will play it back - what they left out was it has to render or convert those clips ... now from where i was sitting next to the editor i observed that everytime we added a effect , changed clips around there was rendering ... i have to say by the 4th day i was tired of rendering - it interferred with my flow of thinking ...
when we divided the frame into 9 blocks - every time we added a clip inside the 9 it rendered each time we popped in a clip ... he was on adding the 7 th clip when i decided to build it in vegas - i open one of the Vegas share 9 block Vegs ( from Vasst site) added 9 clips and we finsihed about the same time !!

i had made QT using sorenson 3 clips ( 3mps) codec with TC window for the editor ... Vegas had no problem cutting them .. however FCP had a hard time cutting them and the editor had to render/convert them all out to QT using DVCpro codec ( 10+ hrs rendering) = we lost a day's work ...

we did export a EDL from FCP and it was close when i opened the EDL in Vegas ( vegas didn't reconize the EDL so i had to use FILE - open ( change the file type to see ALL FILES - select the EDL and then lead Vegas to the clips as it opens ) ... every other clip had the correct i/o , the "other " clips was off by several frames ... in FCP we were running 2 video tracks and 6 audio tracks ... when Vegas opened the EDL it had only one video track and 15 audio tracks ...

at the end the editor rendered out a QT using dv codec and it would NOT play on a PC ... he then rendered out a QT using sorenson 3 codec and it played on a PC & in Vegas .. today was the last day for the editor ....

i'll just say i'll be very glad to get back to Vegas next week to contiue editing the project ....
Don Donatello is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...