Integrated UltraHD/HD Camera with HDBaseT
Delivers Single Cable Support for Video, Audio, Control, and Power
AJA Video Systems has announced RovoCam, the company’s first compact block camera for industrial, corporate, security, ProAV and broadcast applications. Gorgeous UltraHD and HD imagery is captured with superior Sony optics with built-in 12x optical and up to 20x zoom with Sony Super Resolution Zoom. What sets RovoCam apart from other cameras in its category is an integrated HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single Cat 5e/6 cable running at lengths of up to 100 meters. Delivering this much functionality and power with single cable connectivity dramatically simplifies installation, camera setup and footprint requirements.
RovoCam is built around Sony’s 4K (Sony FCB-ER8300) camera module featuring the back illuminated CMOS sensor and Sony image processing for excellent performance. Reliable, practical and compactly encased in rugged and durable aluminum, RovoCam’s small and light form factor allows simple mounting in a wide range of scenarios.
- HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, stereo audio, control and power over a single Cat 5e/6 cable
- “4K” UltraHD and HD resolutions
- 1/2.3 type 8.9 megapixel CMOS sensor
- Integrated zoom lens, 12x optical (20x with Super Resolution Zoom)
- Integrated image processor with extensive automatic and/or manual control
- Additional on-camera power and RS-232 connections for maximum flexibility
- Supports Sony VISCA camera control
- Stereo mic input supporting PiP power
- Machined aluminum case with standard mounting options on each side
- Compatible with Sony’s SNCUNIHB/1 outdoor housing
What sets RovoCam apart from other cameras in its category, is an integrated HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single Cat 5e/6 cable running at lengths of up to 100 meters. Not only does HDBaseT offer affordable long cable runs up to 100 meters over standard Cat5e/6 cables, it also passes RovoCam’s gorgeous UltraHD/HD imagery, audio, control of the camera, and power to the unit.A single Cat 5e/6 cable carries all uncompressed video, 2-Channel audio, VISCA camera control, and power for the simplest installation ever due to RovoCam’s integrated HDBaseT interface.
- 1 x HDBaseT connector (RJ-45) allowing camera interaction and control, uncompressed video, audio and power all over one Cat 5e/6 cable.
- 1 x 3.5mm Mic audio input
- 1 x 3.5mm RS-232 input
- 1 x local power connector
Note: Power and RS-232 connections on RovoCam are not needed if those functions are supplied by the HDBaseT interface.
RovoCam MSRP is US$2,495
Control and display RovoCam’s gorgeous UltraHD/HD imagery remotely with RovoRX-HDMI. RovoRx-HDMI is an UltraHD/HD HDBaseT receiver with integrated HDMI video and audio outputs specifically designed to receive RovoCam’s output. Receive the RovoCam’s video and audio up to 100m away from the camera, and output to HDMI TVs and devices. RovoRX-HDMI is also suitable for use with any 3rd party compatible device providing support for uncompressed video, audio, power, and control, all over a single Cat 5e/6 cable, greatly simplifying cabling and systems integration.
- 1 x UltraHD/HD HDMI Output
- 1 x RCA audio output
- 1 x USB
- 1x RS-232 output
1 x HDBaseT connector (RJ-45) allowing for camera interaction, power, and control, all over one Cat 5e/6 cable.
RovoRx-HDMI MSRP is US$495
See the official AJA RovoCam product page at https://www.aja.com/en/products/rovocam