Still loving the GY-HD201 camera! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 14th, 2021, 12:49 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Still loving the GY-HD201 camera!

Thanks Theodorus! I am so happy to hear someone is still using this camera.

I still have mine. Other camera guys tell me I should have sold it, but it has a special place in my heart!

Although for work I now use Canon C300Mk2s (and a Panasonic GH5 for a B-cam). But you cannot beat for the form factor and colour of the JVC.
Old January 14th, 2021, 02:48 PM   #17
Inner Circle

I'm really relieved to read this topic, because I really thought it was only me - I am a confirmed JVC camera fan - 500, then 5000, the 100 series, 200 series and 700 series. I've still got them all. I just bought another 750, so I have two of those now. The drive I used on the 100s and 200s still works and I have no issues at all with 720 HD. I'd rather have the nice pictures than than clever arty-farty things I see on YouTube. I got thrashed on one forum for not being sophisticated enough to see the difference 4K has over 1080, let alone 720. There are some wonderful bargains on ex-broadcast cameras that are 720 native.

The JVC pictures all match - from the 500 through to the 750 - the look is the same.I do like the 750s, they are my favourite - but last week I used the 101s for a little project and they're still great.

In normal times, my key use is theatre shows. I read over and over how useless the 100,200 and 700s are for stage work - noise, not enough gain etc etc and it's rubbish. I used the 100s up till last year on one regular clients shows - they've been paid for for ages, so I had no qualms at putting them in and forgetting them. I had a request from the BBC for a short clip to use in their regional programme. It is 1080 you're giving us, isn't it? well, what I gave them certainly was, but it came from a 101! They were happy with it and it went out about four times. I've got a B4 lens with adaptor on one 750 - that works great too. A shame the lens mount on the 750s is different.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2021, 07:13 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Oh Yes,
I'm still using this camera for civic streaming and even some corporate video jobs.
The camera is still earning dollars after all these years ! The last camera that did that for me for so long was an Aaton LTR 16mm.!
Jay Webster
Old January 23rd, 2021, 11:58 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Agreed , still using my JVC 200, 250 and 700's. Like others I love the look of the image.
You don't need the latest fancy toys to make great images!

Still shooting a lot on tape also :)
Old January 24th, 2021, 10:17 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Hey Dave,
Yeah, I'm still using tape too! But it's getting hard to impossible to find!
I also get a "take up spool error" message on the flip screen so maybe close to looking into the next camera!
If you have a line on HDV tape let me know!
THX!
Jay
Old January 27th, 2021, 03:25 PM   #21
Tourist

Hi,

My English is not very good. But I also like this cameras. And I really read every Thread here and learned from it. So, I love this forum.

Normally I show customers some sample videos shut with the good old GY-HD111 and ask them, wheather the picture matches their ideas. Then, 720p is never a point of discussion.

Since 720p it's not only the resolution that makes the quality of the picture.

Hoping reading here more from you guys.

Chears,
Roman
Roman Schoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2021, 04:37 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Roman - I 100% agree. The images from the 100 and 200 series still hold up and have a very usable image quality.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2021, 09:26 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Webster View Post
Hey Dave,
Yeah, I'm still using tape too! But it's getting hard to impossible to find!
I also get a "take up spool error" message on the flip screen so maybe close to looking into the next camera!
If you have a line on HDV tape let me know!
THX!
Jay
Hi Jay... I have been grabbing them off of Ebay... no place to find HDV tapes really at this time other than Ebay.... :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems