Adobe cleansing inactive Adobe ID / accounts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 19th, 2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Equal Opportunity Offender

Adobe cleansing inactive Adobe ID / accounts

Got this on my email today.

Quote:
Your Adobe account will expire soon.

Dear Adobe Customer,

We've noticed you have not logged in to your Adobe account in more than a year. In keeping with our policies, we are contacting you to let you know your Adobe ID will expire 60 days from now. If you take no action within the next 60 days, your Adobe ID will no longer be valid, you will no longer have access to content you may have stored on our servers and this account will be closed.

Your Adobe ID is: YOU@YOUREMAIL.COM

If you would like to maintain your Adobe ID listed above, you can log in now to keep it active.
Adobe are probably cleaning up inactive space on their servers, but it would be a bit of a bummer if you had volume licensed product associated with the ID.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 07:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Adobe cleansing inactive Adobe ID / accounts

Thank you for sharing this. I have not received any emails from them about this (that I am aware of).
So it sounds like if a person has a perpetual license (or in some cases, many perpetual licenses) if they fail to keep their adobe account active by logging in, then in the future should they need to re-install their software the adobe activation would fail due to inactive Adobe account.

All the money spent on Adobe software would be lost, the software would be inaccessible, and Adobe's answer would be GET ON THE RENTAL CLOUD until you die.

Is this correct?

I've been an Adobe user since the late 90s. Now I'm searching for all my accounts so I can log in for all of them and not lose them...
David Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 09:56 PM   #3

This may have been an account that I created many years ago to simply test or beta test the Creative Cloud thing right in the beginning. The thing about it being so long ago is that I can't remember exactly what it is for. I have two login/accounts as it is for various volume licensing purchases (not sure why) and can't for the life of me remember what the second one is.

As far as I can tell,there is no purchasing attached to the account. But as surely as Adobe and others have no option but to process user accounts in bulk with their various business processes, you don't want to find out the hard way.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2019, 09:51 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
Got this on my email today.

Adobe are probably cleaning up inactive space on their servers, but it would be a bit of a bummer if you had volume licensed product associated with the ID.

Andrew
I haven't had this, but I have only one account and I used it fairly recently. This sounds like the beginning of the end for all but the latest and greatest rental!

FWIW Adobe Media Encoder CS6 crashes 5 seconds after opening on both my PCs with the latest Windows Updates.

Thankfully I switched to Resolve earlier this year, and find it excellent of the initial learning curve.

I just hope that Audition CS6, Photoshop CS6 and Encore CS6 continue to work - and I never need to re-install Windows, as I suspect that would be problematic.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2019, 05:16 PM   #5

A big part of the email was that I hadn't logged into the account in a long time. I really never log in to it. It's always legitimate to clean out long term inactive accounts.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite