Carbon Fibre Tripod Legs for a Vision 6 head at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 20th, 2019, 12:14 AM   #1
Major Player

Carbon Fibre Tripod Legs for a Vision 6 head

I have a Vinten Vision 6 tripod and head. The legs are aluminium Manfrotto clones. I would appreciate recommendations for alternative carbon fibre legs. Either from the current Vinten range or older models now discontinued.

I need something a bit lighter than the "Manfrotto".

Ron

ps the head won't balance when I put it on my Gitzo 75mm bowl sticks so I'm guessing replacement legs must be Vinten unless some form of bowl adapter is available.
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2019, 05:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Carbon Fibre Tripod Legs for a Vision 6 head

If you have a light camera you’d be better off switching to lighter tripod system that uses a 75mm bowl. Vision 6 is for big news style eng cameras that weigh 20lbs. The majority of the weight is the head not the legs. There is usually around 1 lb difference between comparable aluminum and carbon legs.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2019, 12:31 AM   #3
Major Player

I got mine second hand at a good price. Back in the days of my EX3 and long stills lenses.

Want to hang on to it as it very nice with my GH5 and long stills lenses. I have various lighter pods but none as good, or as heavy, as the Vision 6.

Ron
Old November 21st, 2019, 12:33 AM   #4
Major Player

But tell a lie! I have in the garden shed an old wooden Miller tripod with a 150mm "Made In West Germany" Sachtler head.

Weighs a ton and I've never used it. Presumably used with a big film or TV camera way back when.

Ron
Old November 21st, 2019, 06:46 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Jackson View Post
I got mine second hand at a good price. Back in the days of my EX3 and long stills lenses.

Want to hang on to it as it very nice with my GH5 and long stills lenses. I have various lighter pods but none as good, or as heavy, as the Vision 6.

Ron
No doubt it’s a good head it’s still over kill for Gh5 even with a long lens. I figured as much you got a good deal. There isn’t much of a demand for these heavy used heads since most ppl are using dslrs.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2019, 10:55 AM   #6
Major Player

I bought a cheap Kenro carbon tripod that even came with a head. I like it but I am far from a professional to compare it with others. But for the price, I think it is excellent value. But I should say it is only a 65mm bowl.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads