digital8 video with hdmi output - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old May 21st, 2023, 03:36 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: digital8 video with hdmi output

Just a thought.

If you can beg, borrow, steal or pick up a used Sony HVR-M25U Digital HD videocassette recorder you can have a workaround. The HVR-M25U has multiple I/O options. It has Composite, S-Video, IE1394 (DV/HDV FireWire) inputs and outputs plus in addition on the output side it has HD component and HDMI. I often use one for a variety of transfer conversions. I have seen them around for as little $400.00 these days. The HVR-M25U also handles the full sized and small DV and DVCam tapes and can record in DV or HDV. Or playback both formats, which is more to point these days. The following brochure covers both the HVR-15 and HVR-25 models. The ONLY one with HDMI out is the HVR-M25U deck.

If you don't have FireWire capture but do have HDMI capture device such as Atomos Ninja V or such like then you can either play DV/DVCam tapes out of the deck or, I haven't tried it, but I would imagine your Hi-8 FireWire out could easily be played into the deck's FireWire ports, there are two of them, 4-pin and 6-pin. The throughput signal can then be captured on the HDMI out. Using the HVR-M25U as a signal convertor, in other words. I have done this numerous times, but not with a Hi-8 deck as a source.

Chris Young

http://www.hdgear.tv/images/catalog/...s/HVR-M25u.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
digital8 video with hdmi output-hvr-m25u-front-back.jpg  
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line