The season comes to a close. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

The season comes to a close.

Well, sadly for me, it is the end of season 66 at the Helena Symphony Orchestra. It has really been fun for me to record all of this great music.

We end the season with Mendelssohn and Bizet.

Hope you enjoy!

MASTERWORKS CONCERT VI: Violinist Tim Fain Returns! - YouTube

John M.
John Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2021, 01:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: The season comes to a close.

Sounds like a great season - not so sure about Bizet. He always seemed to me to have written music when in a bit of a grumpy mood? Best wishes
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2021, 02:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:23 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi John, if this hasn’t already happened, this is a good time to float the idea of a CD with the best performances you have on file. I’d say the proceeds could probably benefit a number of organisations in your area and you might be able to arrange economical costs of the CD production with a factory, if you give them enough time to produce them in their downtime, before their Xmas production starts.

This worked for me, with contacts in the industry, over 5yrs. I produced 5 x 300 60min. DVDs costing $A4.00 each including 4 colour labels and jackets. It had to be a minimum order of 300 with time for the factory to produce them in their downtime, but not after the first of Oct. because of their Xmas orders. They all sold for $A25.00ea and after they paid me the $4.00, I donated the proceeds to a registered charity here.

Cheers.
Old May 4th, 2021, 10:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi all. Paul, the Bizet is Sym #1, a symphony that he never published or heard performed. Its actually pretty upbeat!
Allan, great idea. HSO is a little tight fisted with their performances. I've been working on them to create a cd but no luck yet. At a minimum it would make a great subscriber gift.
I've been extremely fortunate to have been able to record such great musicians. It has been a true pleasure for me.

j
Old May 4th, 2021, 11:47 PM   #6
Inner Circle

John. Time to start work again. I suggest you first contact a reputable CD manufacturer and present your CD idea based on how I did it. I think you need a pro studio to master it, you need to get all your track timing exact before they start, don’t get too excited keep it to 60mins ;)

You need to provide all the artwork for the print, you need a pro. artist, there maybe someone associated with the orchestra. Triple check all spelling in the artwork, one mistake will take the shine of it … I know.

When you get all your costs together, it’s time to approach the powers that be and get them excited about your project, but single out one or two good excitable players who can help you sell it. The management should pay all your costs, and you could donate the profits to them, tell them how much that’ll be.

The clock is ticking, you’ve got 6 months before you need to start advertising it for your Xmas sales. Good luck.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio