Connecting Canon EOS M50 Mark II to Blackmagic UltraStudio Express at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old June 29th, 2023, 11:07 PM   #1
Tourist

Connecting Canon EOS M50 Mark II to Blackmagic UltraStudio Express

Hello everyone!
I have run into a really harsh situation and very much need help from you video professionals.

I own a Blackmagic UltraStudio Express device that connects to Windows 8.1 (Boot Camp) on Macbook Pro 2015 via Thunderbolt 2 port.

Since my older video camera connected to UltraStudio Express via HDMI port is properly recognized in Blackmagic Media Express software, i was sure any other newer camera would also be easily recognized by UltraStudio Express via HDMI, so i bought a popular and highly suggested camera - Canon EOS M50 Mark II that has a micro HDMI clean output.

No matter what settings i tried UltraStudio Express does not display any video from Canon EOS M50 Mark II, only a black screen.

There is no issue with the micro HDMI to HDMI cable or Canon EOS M50 Mark II itself, because i connected it to a simple monitor via HDMI and video displays just fine.

Could it be something about the HDMI video signal Canon EOS M50 Mark II sends out that makes it incompatible with Blackmagic UltraStudio Express HDMI input?

Could it be that the problem is about Blackmagic Desktop Video Windows 10.3.5 version, and installing a newer version could help detect video signal from Canon EOS M50 Mark II?

Desperately looking for an advice.
Eugen Gorceac is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD