Hdc-sc600p replacement at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old May 31st, 2023, 03:28 PM   #1
Tourist

Hdc-sc600p replacement

My sd card slot is now defective on my hdc-sd600 p unit. What is the best replacement for a new camcorder equal to my old one. I think it would cost more to fix it than to purchase a new one. Thanks DLG
David L Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2023, 06:50 PM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Hdc-sc600p replacement

I was really expecting that handycam type video cameras would have been displaced by mobile phones shooting video, but there are a few available still.

See https://www.sony.com.au/handycam

Possibly also from other manufacturers.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2023, 01:11 PM   #3
Trustee

David - Hate to see one's old favorite cam that you know well die of an unnecessary death; however.... as with humans, there are what we call "prosthetic devices". You know, everything from hearing aids, false teeth, artificial limbs... and the list goes on.

Getting back to the cam problem, one way to extend its life MAY be to use a cam prosthetic device such as a "hdmi audio video capture card". Since the cam has HDMI output, check to make sure it has both audio and video output. If so, perhaps an inexpensive hdmi audio video capture card can be a workaround.

In the meantime, search for your next cam and this oldie-but-goodie can still be used, maybe for B-roll for situations where one wouldn't want to get the new cam wet, dusty, or whatever.

I'd be curious what new cam you actually end up with.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2023, 07:41 PM   #4

My only other thought was that, given the cam is otherwise going to be replaced, you could try and somehow clean the internal copper contacts of the SD card slot/reader with isopropyl alcohol. This issue may simply be that enough oxidisation had built up that one of those contacts no longer conducted properly.

Andrew
Old June 3rd, 2023, 09:14 AM   #5
Tourist

Thanks for the input. I am looking at the Panasonic HC-V785. A little info on how I use my camcorder. I love birds and enjoy setting up the camera in my yard to see the different birds as they migrate through. I All so record sunsets and landscapes. I then use my photos and videos to make memory videos with music. Nature and Landscape Photography is my hobby. I have very high end photo cameras and really don't need high end video. I had been using my old video camera following a Cooper Hawk 3 chicks nest.

thanks david
Old June 3rd, 2023, 01:30 PM   #6
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by David L Gill View Post
I have very high end photo cameras and really don't need high end video.
Oh, don't say that. Why not try shooting high end video too?
Old June 4th, 2023, 06:33 AM   #7
Tourist

Impressive web site. At A young 79, my video time is decreasing rapidly Lol. I did photos and video weddings for some close friends in the past and used that old Panasonic camcorder. Where the folks were please, I always felt stressful that the process would fail, so I stopped. Just looking for a unit similar to the Panasonic SD600. David
Old June 4th, 2023, 10:29 PM   #8

Videoing at 79? Hey, I'm cheering for you!!!

Andrew
Old June 4th, 2023, 11:04 PM   #9
Major Player

79, that's nowt! I'm now an octogenarian and still get out and about filming(videoing) birds and other wildlife.
Carting gear about and particularly up hill a pain, even with my MFT gear. Having sufficient attention span to get properly into colour grading and the like ditto.

My lightweight camera is a Panasonic HC-1500 which goes satisfactorily with a lightweight Gitzo tripod and a cheap but not bad Chinese made Neewer video head. Not an easy camera to set up and use properly,. English instructions read as if written by a non-native English speaker, which not unique this day and age I think.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders