DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   2nd Unit Television (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/)
-   -   Next Week Teaser...and we mean TEASER (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/71864-next-week-teaser-we-mean-teaser.html)

Jonathan Ames July 19th, 2006 11:10 PM

Next Week Teaser...and we mean TEASER

2nd Unit is proud to have an enviable list of industry professioonals but this week is super special. Isabella (you know you've made it when you're known by one name!!!) is doing a 30-minute show on makeup but here's the dilmma; who's better looking, the model or the artist...OK or the producer. Tune into www.2nd-unit.tv for the trailer. And we'll have 4 more weeks of the series.. Enjoy.
Jonathan

http://2nd-unit.tv/downloads/Episode-06-Teaser.mov

By the way, I think the producer's the best looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you're probably not looking at me now are you?!?!?!

Warren Shultz July 20th, 2006 11:18 AM

Nice tease! And as an aside, that .mov is what I'm talkin' about. It was fast, quality, and downloadable. Keep 'em coming THAT way. I never could get a decent viewing of the last episode on my pc and not at all on my Mac.

Was Jonathan even IN this tease? I didn't notice.

Jeff Sayre July 20th, 2006 11:50 AM

I never thought a music video about makeup could be so entertaining.

By the way, the new animated logo at the end is very nice! Did Paolo put that together?

K. Forman July 20th, 2006 11:56 AM

Am I a geek, because I paid as much attention to the quality of the clip as I did to the two cuties? What compressor did you use?

Jonathan Ames July 20th, 2006 12:37 PM

Hey, geeks are people too!!;-) Yes, Paolo did it all which is wonderful for me beacuse he knows his stuff. We're so very fortunte to be attracting the talent this site is because there's simply no way I could have done it all...even though I thought I could. A producer is just that, a producer. Getting the people and the the funding together to build a quality product. Without people like Paolo, the shows would still look like the first one. Without Jaime, there'd be alot less talent in the guest star areas. And without the people behind the cameras like Jeff and Tip McPartland and Scott Chambers there'd be no series so we thank you for your comments and your coming back week after week. We hope you're getting what you want here and at 2nd-Unit.tv. BTW, last week more than 4500 downloads were logged by the server at Go Daddy last week and we have to thank them for providing the hosting and EasyStream for the bandwidth.

K. Forman July 20th, 2006 12:40 PM

Ok... you used the Paolo compressor then. Where can I download it for myself?

Jonathan Ames July 20th, 2006 12:42 PM

Same place you get all the other quality stuff, 2nd-Unit.tv.

K. Forman July 20th, 2006 12:46 PM

I have to agree, that trailer does look great, and yet pretty small in size. I really want to know how you got it so nice.

Warren Shultz July 20th, 2006 01:16 PM

It's encoded H.264, 640 X 360 at 29.97 FPS at a datarate pf 833 kbits/sec. I'm guessing Paolo edited and encoded this one in FCP and exported using Compressor.

K. Forman July 20th, 2006 01:22 PM

Thanks Warren, that was what I wanted. I really haven't played with the H.264 codecs, mostly because I thought there were issued between it and Windows. Obviously, I was way off there!

Paolo Ciccone July 20th, 2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Sayre
I never thought a music video about makeup could be so entertaining.
By the way, the new animated logo at the end is very nice! Did Paolo put that together?

Thank you and thank you and thanks to everybody for the nice feedback.
Yes, I cut that in Final Cut, had a ton of fun doing it. The clips where captured in HDV wwith the JVC HD100, all on tape. I first prepared the soundtrack and then added the images. Exported the movie as a QuickTime reference file, dropped it inside compressor 2.x, selected H.264 at a VBR, temporal and spatial quality just a notch higher than Medium, fast start hits for streaming, keyframe every 60, AAC for sound, compressed in about 10 minutes on my G4 Powerbook.
Whew, hope I didn't forget anything ;)

Scott Harper July 20th, 2006 10:10 PM

Awsome work guys! Loved it. Can't wait for more.

Greg Boston July 20th, 2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Sayre

The logo at the end is done with Live Type. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Live Type is the one application that I saw on the Mac that made a 20 year PC veteran like me go out and buy a Mac. It's that good.

I used a similar combination as a website entrance movie for our band using a phrase from on of our original songs.

Good job, Paolo. LiveType is a blast, huh? You did a nice job on the video too.

-gb-

Paolo Ciccone July 21st, 2006 07:16 AM

Hey Greg.
Good spotting of LiveType. Actually, to be totally precise, I did that in Motion using the LiveType font. BTW, I just picked up "Shake" for $499.00, that's another "life change" program :)

Take care.

Greg Boston July 21st, 2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
Hey Greg.
Good spotting of LiveType. Actually, to be totally precise, I did that in Motion using the LiveType font. BTW, I just picked up "Shake" for $499.00, that's another "life change" program :)

Take care.

Yeah Paolo, that's one of the cool things that I have discovered is how nicely you can pass stuff back and forth amongst the different apps. With Motion, you can do ram render previews and the more ram you have, the more complexity you can view. It doesn't happen automatically, you have to invoke it from the menu everytime you make a change.

-gb-