DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   2nd Unit Television (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/)
-   -   Episode 7 is out! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/73036-episode-7-out.html)

Paolo Ciccone August 5th, 2006 10:05 AM

Episode 7 is out!

Friday at 9:36pm Episode 7 went live.
This week we present Richard Mall (key grip) and Jeff Murrell (gaffer). Jeff And Richard are veterans of the business and worked with DP David Tattersal who shot, among other things, the last 3 Star Wars, Con Air, and The Green Mile.

This episode is jam-packed with technical information and business insights. We will have part 2 of the interview next week.

Enjoy!

Gabriel Yeager August 5th, 2006 10:29 AM

What channel is your show one? And what time (West coast)? I would love to be able to see your stuff! Or better yet, do you have a web site that I can watch it on? Thanks.

Gabriel.

K. Forman August 5th, 2006 10:41 AM

Gabriel- They are a webcast, and the addy is www.2nd-unit.tv . This is where you would find all of their episodes... except the new one.

Paulo- The link to this weeks epi are bad. What a cruel twist of fate!

Paolo Ciccone August 5th, 2006 10:43 AM

Thank you for catching it, I'll fix it right away.

K. Forman August 5th, 2006 10:45 AM

I'm waiting... literally. ;)

Paolo Ciccone August 5th, 2006 10:46 AM

OK, it's working now, sorry for the inconvenience.

K. Forman August 5th, 2006 10:51 AM

We'll consider that a teaser post :)

Steven Gotz August 5th, 2006 12:08 PM

#7 is still not working.

K. Forman August 5th, 2006 12:12 PM

It works, I just watched it. Try opening the home page and refreshing the browser.

I think this was the best to date, despite the hazzards of a working environment for a set. Jamie had a nice shirt on, the shots and lighting awesome. Fantastic show guys!

Steven Gotz August 5th, 2006 12:16 PM

I am getting a "Page not found" message.

Edit: I checked the source for episode 5 and used the same link to the original file with a change from 05 to 06 and it found it.

Paolo Ciccone August 5th, 2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I am getting a "Page not found" message.

Edit: I checked the source for episode 5 and used the same link to the original file with a change from 05 to 06 and it found it.

Steven, just click on "Week 6 Episode" at the top of the main page, it works without hacking :)
If not, try refreshing. BTW, use of Firefox is strongly encouraged.

Paolo Ciccone August 5th, 2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
I think this was the best to date, despite the hazzards of a working environment for a set.

Thank you Keith, I too like is for its great content. Lighting was all done with LitePanels. Look-wise, I kept a colder, grittier look to match the kind of environment (industrial, fluos etc).

Glad you liked it. There will be more next week.

Steven Gotz August 5th, 2006 12:32 PM

I hate firefox. Sorry. It isn't ready for primetime. In any case, since episode 5 works, so should episode 6. I am not the only person with this problem.

K. Forman August 5th, 2006 12:35 PM

Paolo, it was so spot on that when they were describing the job titles, I wondered if I would ever find out exactly what the hell a best boy really was. I don't have to use my imagination any more. So many times I was way off, trying to guess why he was the best boy, and now I know :)

K. Forman August 5th, 2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I hate firefox. Sorry. It isn't ready for primetime. In any case, since episode 5 works, so should episode 6. I am not the only person with this problem.

If it works for me, it should work for you. Because of Murphy, nothing ever works for me.