DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   2nd Unit Television (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/)
-   -   2nd Unit / Sony Christmas Party (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/81643-2nd-unit-sony-christmas-party.html)

Jonathan Ames December 12th, 2006 11:25 PM

2nd Unit / Sony Christmas Party

As most of you are aware, 2nd-Unit.tv is finishing up a pilot for a cable series entitled "El Papel" shooing at Big vision Studios. To say the least, after having a choice of what cameras I wanted to use provided by one of our sponsors Sony, I settled on the new F350. In a word, the results were unbelievable and those of you who frequent the 2nd Unit website and the 2nd Unit tv forum here on DVInfo have seen the incredible footage, most of which was shot in darkness lit only by candlelight and LitePsanels' 1X1s and minis. Another grat sponsor, Fujinon, provided the primes and CineZXooms including an incredible George Lucas 10X100. We're throwing a Christmas party hosted by 2nd Unit and Sony at Big Vision this Friday night from 6-10pm and, in addition to the open bar, catered dinner, carolers, Santa and entertainment, we'll be screening clips of the pilot. If anyone is interested in joining us, consider this an invitation to attend the parrty and join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of the cast and crew, the camera, its abilities and the Chrtistmas season. DVInfo has been very, very supportive of 2nd Unit as it's grown into a wonderful site and they can consider this our way of saying "Thank You" to Chris Hurd and all of the members for your support.

The festivities begin at 6:00pm this Friday December 15th and continue through 10pm with Santa appearing bearing gifts for the children at 7. The carolers arrive at 8 and dinner will be served at 8:30. Five big screens will carry Christmas music videos throughout the evening and a 50" plasma will show clips of El Papel as well as out takes shot by DVInfo's own John Salamme. Also, the party's "on-set" for the series so there'll be 2 Sony F-350s on hand to see and play with mounted with the famous 10X100 lens and a magnificent 15X CineZoom, both of which filled in the blanks between the 5, 12, 20 and 30mm primes we used on the show provided by another supporter, Fujinon.

Big Vision Studios is located at 58 East Santa Anita Avenue in Burbank, CA which is 1 block south of Verdugo and 2 blocks west of San Fernando just on the east side of I-5. As a way of saying thank you to the members of DVInfo, please join us with your families. Dress is "Christmas Festive" which means Black Tie to Blue Jeans. Nate, you're always welcome and the rest of you, well, we hope to see you there. Just RSVP to jlames@bluelinecinema.tv
Jonathan

Chris Hurd December 13th, 2006 07:48 AM

Many thanks Jonathan, sure wish I could be there -- take plenty of pictures please!

Much appreciated,

Jonathan Ames December 13th, 2006 10:53 AM

We wish you could be there as well. You were one of the first ones to believe in us and our mission of bringing education to the in ependent filmmaker and now the list of sponsors is truly incredible with Sony, Adobe, Tiffen and Fuinon heading the list.

Scott C. Chambers December 22nd, 2006 09:43 PM

O.k. After crusing by Warner Bros. and N.B.C. In Burbank. I turn on to First street and I see this big spotlight in the air doing this slow circle. I realize this is party I'm going to. Put on by Jonathan Ames and Sony. Valet parking to boot! How cool is that. For all of you that missed it, kick yourselves. This was a great get together. I was surprized at how many industry people showed up and known actors! All the cast and crew were in tuxes, very cool indead! Then there was Santa!!!!! for the 20+ foster kids that Jonathan had invited. Bearing gifts for all the kids by name!
This event worked out so great. There were no egos here.
Just the spirt of Christmas! If "El Papel" does as well as the reception at the party, it will rock at the networks.
Great Job Jonathan and all those that helped out with the event!!!

Chris Hurd December 23rd, 2006 09:29 AM

Sounds great -- really wish I coulda been there!

Where are the pictures, guys? Pictures!

Jonathan Ames December 23rd, 2006 05:22 PM

OK. Everyone's on Christmas Vacation but Paolo, workaholic that he is, put a little something together while he's away. Here it is.

http://www.paolociccone.com/Elpapel_...ent/index.html

Scott C. Chambers December 23rd, 2006 11:22 PM

That's Paolo!!!
Always shooting!!!
Great posting you guys!!!