DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Anybody use shutterglasses with nvidia card? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/115196-anybody-use-shutterglasses-nvidia-card.html)

Prech Marton February 19th, 2008 07:25 AM

Anybody use shutterglasses with nvidia card?

Hi.
I bought a new Gigabyte 7600GS AGP card, because i heard that the 8 series card wont work with stereo drivers. So, the card is ok, i download the latest stereo driver, the 91.31.
And i want to install the same forceware driver, 91.31.
But the installer says:
"The installer couldn't find such a device driver, that are compatible with your hardware. Installer exit."

Why? On the 91.31 forceware driver homepage my card is on the list:
GeForce 7600 GS
GeForce 7600 GT, etc...

If i install a newer forceware driver, it works, but if i play a movie with stereoscopic player, the screen often flicker with my edimensional glasses, and when i hit ESC, windows crashes, get a blue screen. Even my hard drive switch off! I have to reboot. So i guess, its because i use different driver version number. What can i dooo?

please help!
thanks,
Marton

Eric Deren February 20th, 2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prech Marton (Post 828870)
Hi.
"The installer couldn't find such a device driver, that are compatible with your hardware. Installer exit."

I have had very limited success with their forceware drivers. Installing the correct video card drivers and the correct forceware drivers always seemed like some sort of voodoo. I was trying the matched 91.31 versions, but then I got the drivers working on one machine by installing the older 84.26 versions, but then it stopped working. I messed with it for a couple of days and finally just bit the bullet and purchased a Quadro series card that's got a 3d-sync jack on the back.

That card is running at 120hz on 10-year-old Sony GDM-W900 in 16:9, 1280x720, and I haven't had any problems since.

-Eric

Prech Marton February 24th, 2008 01:51 AM

What do you mean "video card driver" and "forceware driver"?
They are the same, there isn't a separate video and forceware driver...

Can you show me a pic or a link to your quadro card?
i dont hear that nvidia card has 3d sync jack on back.

thx

Eric Deren February 24th, 2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prech Marton (Post 831845)
What do you mean "video card driver" and "forceware driver"?
They are the same, there isn't a separate video and forceware driver...

That's funny you say that there aren't separate video and forceware drivers, because I've got a whole directory of matched video and forceware driver installers here.

Quote:

Can you show me a pic or a link to your quadro card?
i dont hear that nvidia card has 3d sync jack on back.
I did a quick search for "quadro fx 3500" and couldn't find a good picture of the 3D jack. You may have better luck with the google machine. Trust me, it's there. Right next to the dual DVI jacks.

-Eric

Prech Marton February 25th, 2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Deren (Post 832323)
That's funny you say that there aren't separate video and forceware drivers, because I've got a whole directory of matched video and forceware driver installers here.

To me its also funny, beacause if i install the forceware driver, i dont need anything to play directx games, change desktop to 1280x1024x32bit, etc.
So what would do the "video card driver"?
Dont you mean 3d stereo driver? Beacause those has to be matched.
But 2 driver for 2d video, not stereo3d? i dont hear that.
what's the filename of your video card driver?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Deren (Post 832323)
I did a quick search for "quadro fx 3500" and couldn't find a good picture of the 3D jack. You may have better luck with the google machine. Trust me, it's there. Right next to the dual DVI jacks.

I found this pic:
http://features.cgsociety.org/storie...nge/fx3500.jpg
So this 3 pin jack is the same as i have on my extender cable, that came with my X3D glasses? You connect the glass here, right?

Eric Deren February 25th, 2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prech Marton (Post 832383)
To me its also funny, beacause if i install the forceware driver, i dont need anything to play directx games, change desktop to 1280x1024x32bit, etc.

This misunderstanding you appear to be having probably comes from the fact that Nvidia sometimes names its video driver files "forceware" (but not always, i.e., 91.31_winxp2kmce_english_whql.exe), and the 3d driver files are named "forceware" (i.e., 91.31_forceware_3dstereo.exe). I believe "forceware" may be their all-encompassing term for an installer.

Regardless, I think you know what I mean and you're just being pedantic. Don't worry, it's standard for newsgroups, evidently. I won't hold it against you.

Quote:

I found this pic:
http://features.cgsociety.org/storie...nge/fx3500.jpg
So this 3 pin jack is the same as i have on my extender cable, that came with my X3D glasses? You connect the glass here, right?
I'm sure one could. I've got wireless glasses, so that's where I connect the infra-red transmitter.

-Eric

Prech Marton February 26th, 2008 12:43 AM

No, i'm not pedantic. But from your first reply i have to think
that you use one vga driver and one forceware driver. That was weird for me.

I go to nvidia homepage and found this phrase:
"77.77 3D Stereo drivers require 77.77 ForceWare Graphics drivers to run"

So, i think the stereo driver name is only stereo driver, not forceware :-)
Forceware is a regular vga driver, it's old name was detonator, etc.

But, finally we understood each other, that's matter :)

OK, that was new for me, card that have stereo sync output.
Do you think this is my problem? The 7600GS isn't good for a stable stereo viewing? Can you test your card with stereoscopic player at 100-120 Hz?
Change the fullscreen 3d resolution in S.P. to different from desktop resolution, and play a 3d video. When you hit ESC, everything is workin, normally exit from fullscreen mode?

thx!

Eric Deren February 26th, 2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prech Marton (Post 833110)
"77.77 3D Stereo drivers require 77.77 ForceWare Graphics drivers to run"

That's great, but I've got two files here, 91.31_winxp2kmce_english_whql.exe and 91.31_forceware_3dstereo.exe, which identify that there is a semantics issue with what is considered forceware. If you downloaded a file from Nvidia called 91.31_forceware_3dstereo.exe, which was significantly smaller than the video drivers, and it gave your card stereoscopic functionality, what assumptions would you make about naming conventions? :-)

Quote:

Do you think this is my problem? The 7600GS isn't good for a stable stereo viewing?
I can't speculate on that, but I do know that getting the consumer stereo drivers working was a chore. In the end, they worked, but they required so much random voodoo to start and stop that I purchased a quadro that doesn't use the consumer stereo drivers... stereo pageflipping and sync are built into the regular card drivers.

Quote:

Can you test your card with stereoscopic player at 100-120 Hz?
Change the fullscreen 3d resolution in S.P. to different from desktop resolution, and play a 3d video. When you hit ESC, everything is workin, normally exit from fullscreen mode?
thx!
Stereoscopic Player works at all of the refresh rates of my monitor, fullscreen and windowed mode. I usually run it at 1280x720x120hz.

-Eric

Prech Marton June 3rd, 2009 07:54 AM

Hi!

I upgrade almost everything in my config:
PCIe 7600GT card
Intel 965 MB
E5200 processor @3,5GHz
3GB Dual DDR2 memory
SSD for system
162.50 stereo driver

And the problem is still there:
flickering when playing back 2 HDV stream with ffdshow bob deinterlace.
If this config isnt enough for this, then which?

Or do i really need a quadro card?
Is it one with passive cooling?

thx

Prech Marton June 10th, 2009 11:33 AM

Eric:

If i buy a used Quadro fx 1700 card (or similar) that has this stereo sync connector, what else do i have to buy for connecting the X3D glass? Or simply plug the glass to the card? It seems that it's not a jack connector.

you say, that page flipped 3d stereo also work in windowed mode?

thx