DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Stereoscopic with Windows 7 - HELP! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/488351-stereoscopic-windows-7-help.html)

Benjamin Smith December 2nd, 2010 10:43 AM

Stereoscopic with Windows 7 - HELP!

Hello all,

I've been trying to set up a system to do stereoscopic editing, like the one in these videos:-

Premiere Pro CS5 Stereoscopic 3D Video Editing with Dave Helmley - 3D Vision Blog

I've using an i7 machine with a Quadro 4000 graphics card. I have 2 displays - a 1024x768 120Hz projector and a 1920x1080 monitor. My hope was to use the projector for stereoscopic display and the monitor for the premiere interface.

However, I can't get stereoscopic to work at all. It works just fine if I have JUST the projector on the system; but if I use the projector and the monitor (both at 120Hz) the sync generated via the 3 pin DIN plug in the graphics card flashes on and off. Basically it doesn't sync and hence you get no 3D.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully set up such a system? I can't find anyone who's successfully done this; although I have seen it done in videos etc!

thanks!

/ben

Frank Stearns December 2nd, 2010 02:20 PM

Do you get the same result when using First Light and Premiere ?

Arnie Schlissel December 2nd, 2010 08:06 PM

Is this a 3D capable projector? What kind of glasses are you using?

Benjamin Smith December 3rd, 2010 06:37 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Since posting I kind of solved the problem.

I had been using a McNaughton stereo emitter tied the 3 pin DIN connected on the Quadro card and StereoGraphics (AKA RealD) glasses. I installed the driver for the nVidia USB 3D vision emitter and switched to using the 3D vision glasses and it worked.

I then had the problem that I could view 3D on *either* the monitor OR the projector but attempting to use both sent it nuts. By switching the monitor to 60Hz (thus, assumably, turning off 3D for that display) it worked on the projector.

So I got all that working; but then I got new problems in Premiere with Cineform. I could edit on the monitor and setep a second view on the projector using the Cineform RT mode; but the view on the projector was all screwed up. I see the top half of the picture in the left eye and bottom half in the right. Ouch!

It's occured to me it *might* be due to the fact the monitor is 1920x1080 and the projector is 1024x576 - Cineform might expect the displays to both be the same res (all the demos I've seen they've had this to be the case). So I am going to test this later with a non-3D-capable monitor and the 3D monitor and no projector.

Hope that's not the case because 1920x1080 3D projectors are still costing like £6000!

/ben