DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Additional Camera Support Topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/additional-camera-support-topics/)
-   -   Assorted SLC posts 2007 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/additional-camera-support-topics/110558-assorted-slc-posts-2007-a.html)

Paul Cascio February 14th, 2006 04:37 PM

Is there a 2-camera tripod bracket?

I want to mount two, HC1's side-by-side on the same tripod so I can point them through my teleprompter and set one on a wide angle view.

Does anyone know of a low cost bracket or device that will let me do this?

Thanks

Don Bloom February 14th, 2006 05:16 PM

Check out Bogenimagining.com>Accessories>Tripod accessories
These 2 might be close to what you want

DOUBLE CAMERA SUPPORT PLATFORM / Cat. No: 3269
Fits any tripod head. Lets you mount two cameras on a single head.
Supplied with 2 X 1/4" and 2 X 3/8" camera fixing screws.

ACCESSORY ARM FOR 4 HEADS (BLACK) / Cat. No: 3153B
Mounts on any column 3/8" thread, this side arm allows positioning of two heads on a 90° perpendicular angle and two heads on the side arm allowing the possible mounting of four heads

Don

Eli Mazzola February 14th, 2006 11:16 PM

Battery Charger Crisis

I am leaving in two days to El Salvador where I will be documenting a humanitarian trip with my Panasonic PV-GS200. I have had the camera for a year without any problems. Now, all of a sudden, the batteries wont charge in the charger! It is curious though that when I plug the AC adapter into the camera through the same charger, the camera receives power. But when a battery is sitting in the charger cradle without the AC adapter plugged in the light doesn't come on and the battery doesn't charge. Does anyone know how to fix this or where I can get a PV-DAC13 charger ASAP in the Eastern MA area (02766) or southwestern NH area (03431). Even something in Boston would be ok. Thank you!!!

Will Hayes February 15th, 2006 03:03 PM

Hey, I dont have this exact camera, but with my GL2, if i have a battery in and the "Coupler" cord hooked to the base but not necessarily to the camera the battery wont charge, so do you have the cable to hook up AC power to the cam still plugged in?

Michael Wisniewski February 24th, 2006 11:01 AM

"Straight" looking images on small inclines: center of gravity or ground?

To keep your image looking "straight" on small inclines; do you prefer to use the center of gravity or by using the ground?

For example, you're shooting a sidewalk, from the street. Left to right the sidewalk has a 0-10 degree incline. Not steep enough to obviously be a hill, but enough to make the picture look "crooked".

Leveling using the center of gravity let's your actor's posture look normal, but the sidewalk will exhibit a very slight tilt.

Leveling using the ground, makes the the image look "straight" but now anything falling in line with the center of gravity will be just slightly off kilter.

Doug Boze February 24th, 2006 11:17 AM

Always go with gravity unless you are after a particular look. Generally, it won't look right if you don't simply level the camera. Think of how it looks to the viewer. People are always upright.

Matthew Nayman April 5th, 2006 10:41 AM

Israeli Arm

Hey ,I just ordered an Israeli Arm (monitor support) from Film Tools.
Here is the link to the product.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cinemasu...rmwi1baan.html

I am not usually impressed by small supplies like this, and I hate it when I need to pay $200 american, plus shipping, PLUS $82 Tax and Insurance at delivery (bastards...)

But... all that aside, this is an amazing product. If you are looking for a good monitor support or accsessory shoe extension, this is it. It is a simple mechanism and one knob tightens every joint which is truly novel and useful.

Currently I am using it to hold a monitor upside down on my XL2/M2 combo.

http://img319.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xl225om.jpg

I am in no way affiliated with film tools, or anything... I just very rarely enjoy a product this much and feel others should know it is worth the money.

Matt

Leigh Wanstead April 7th, 2006 02:27 AM

Shoot race horse

Hello everyone,

I will visit a gentleman who specialize race horse training tomorrow. I will do some moving shot. Any tips to make video interesting?

TIA

Regards
Leigh

Leigh Wanstead April 7th, 2006 02:29 PM

The weather is bad today, so I cancel the shooting. Hopefully next Saturday it would be fine. So I have one more week to listen to you. :)

Regards
Leigh

John Kang June 7th, 2006 03:27 PM

Bottle Cap Tripod

Just saw a review of the Bottle Cap Tripod by semsons on the May issue of Videography.

Website is www.semsons.com

I can't believe they're selling it at $19.99

It's such a simple idea and yet I can't believe it wasn't made before.

I mean you could build it yourself! Drill a hole onto the bottle cap, insert screw and glue it in.

I've saved myself $19.00! Okay so I brought the cheap generic soda for under a dollar. :)

I like this idea cause when you don't want to carry gear around with you, you could just carry the bottle cap with screw attachment and attach it to a bottle for use when needed.

Michael Best June 16th, 2006 11:28 AM

Fluid head on crane

Hi there - anyone doing this? I want to mount a 503 to the end of the crane
but the mounting screw sizes are different. do they make adapters? Any input?

Danny Natovich June 16th, 2006 12:07 PM

The 503 has a 3/8 thread so your crane most be 1/4 (Camera thread)

So you have to look for a 3/8 to 1/4 adaptor, Try B&H

Steven Davis August 30th, 2006 02:23 PM

Saw this and had to post

Now http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation is the oddest thing I've ever seen.

Harold Schreiber August 30th, 2006 03:19 PM

Hi Stephen,

Nice Item, but I like my SIMA ChestPod, that I've installed handles on, a lot better and it's far more stable with a neck strap. Also a whole lot cheaper. It even has my Inrared Remote Control Mod attached, so I don't have to touch the Cam for Zooming.

Harold

Steven Davis December 14th, 2006 03:26 PM

Props to Varizoom

I'll give props when props need to be given. I called Varizoom with a part request and they helped me right away. It was an unusual request, but they were willing.

I just wanted to report my good experience with Varizoom.