DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Camera Shake Plugin (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/104397-camera-shake-plugin.html)

Rich Perry September 26th, 2007 03:18 AM

Camera Shake Plugin
 
Does anyone know if there is a camera shake plugin available for Premier CS3 or After effects. I know that SteadyMove is not yet supported?

Emre Safak September 26th, 2007 07:48 AM

Do you want to add shake or remove it? It sounds like the latter since you mention SteadyMove which, in fact, does work in After Effects CS3.

Jiri Fiala September 26th, 2007 07:50 AM

Steadymove pro does not work properly in AFX CS3. Sometimes i CAN get results, sometimes it corrupts or blanks frames, in both DV, native HDV and uncompressed. It's highly unreliable at least.

Rich Perry September 26th, 2007 07:51 AM

Yes, wanted to remove it... good to know that it works in after effects CS3 - thanks - I might try it out, I guess there is nothing for premier pro cs3 yet?

Rich Perry September 26th, 2007 07:52 AM

Jiri, - Thanks for the info, if it's unreliable in AF I think I will skip -

Lloyd Coleman September 26th, 2007 09:40 AM

I just started using Mercalli and have been impressed so far.

http://www.prodad.de/gb/mercalli_std_details.html

Jiri Fiala September 26th, 2007 02:46 PM

Rich, I believe 2D3 is working on Steadymove for CS3 ATM. Their website clearly states that it's not compatible now. It kind of works for most SD DV footage.

Jiri Fiala September 26th, 2007 03:00 PM

Mercalli looks awesome, thanks for a tip Lloyd!

K.C. Luke September 26th, 2007 07:12 PM

Mercalli THEY DO a lot of plug-in FX and transition. Great Info thanks

Rich Perry September 26th, 2007 07:25 PM

Mercalli - ROCKS!
 
Lloyd! - Wow - thanks, this is great info I downloaded the trial Mercalli demo and the results of the steady cam are blowing me away! absolutely outstanding! - I am buying it right now and would recommend this to anyone else with premier CS3 looking for a good way of cleaning up shaky footage!!

Thanks for the other input guys, much appreciated, we have a clear winner!

Steve Montoto October 1st, 2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd Coleman (Post 750261)
I just started using Mercalli and have been impressed so far.

http://www.prodad.de/gb/mercalli_std_details.html


I downloaded the trial from their site and used it on some XH A1 HDV Footage and it looked horrible, there was some weird ghosting and video distortion going on. Im wondering if I might have done something wrong? Did you guys stabilize HDV footage or just SD?

Lloyd Coleman October 2nd, 2007 09:40 AM

Steve,

I am using it with HD and it works very well for me on A1 footage.

Their website says that the Demo version has the same features as the Expert version, but for me it did not. I could not open the 'further settings' box and get to the Expert mode in the demo and suspect that the demo is the Light version, not the Expert. They also say that you need the Expert version to render HD material so maybe that is causing the problem for you.

I don't think I tried the demo in an HD timeline before I purchased it, so I can't say if the Demo version worked on HD material for me.

Steve Montoto October 2nd, 2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd Coleman (Post 753113)
Steve,

I am using it with HD and it works very well for me on A1 footage.

Their website says that the Demo version has the same features as the Expert version, but for me it did not. I could not open the 'further settings' box and get to the Expert mode in the demo and suspect that the demo is the Light version, not the Expert. They also say that you need the Expert version to render HD material so maybe that is causing the problem for you.

I don't think I tried the demo in an HD timeline before I purchased it, so I can't say if the Demo version worked on HD material for me.

Lloyd,

What settings did you use for the HD A1 footage. They emailed me telling me that I should put it in HDV Upper instead of premiere 2.0 setting. I havent tired it yet but will when I get home.

Thanks for the info,

Steve

Lloyd Coleman October 2nd, 2007 09:05 PM

Steve,

I am using the Premiere Pro CS3. The preset I am using is 'Automatic [Premirer Pro 3.0]'. I tried the other field setting and did not notice a difference, they all seemed to work fine.

I did notice that there is an update on the website dated just a few days ago (Sep 28) that you can apply to the demo version. Under the 'download service' link there is a 'history' link with a help topic concerning PPro 2.0 that talks about field settings.

Steve Montoto October 3rd, 2007 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd Coleman (Post 753458)
Steve,

I am using the Premiere Pro CS3. The preset I am using is 'Automatic [Premirer Pro 3.0]'. I tried the other field setting and did not notice a difference, they all seemed to work fine.

I did notice that there is an update on the website dated just a few days ago (Sep 28) that you can apply to the demo version. Under the 'download service' link there is a 'history' link with a help topic concerning PPro 2.0 that talks about field settings.


Lloyd, are you using it with cineform? It also might be that its because im using the trial that looks like its the light version. Unfortunately the company doesnt have a US number for a quick call to Tech support, instead I have to contact them via email only.

Thanks for your input Lloyd.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 PM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2021 The Digital Video Information Network