DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   No sound in imported clips? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/104954-no-sound-imported-clips.html)

Toenis Liivamaegi October 4th, 2007 03:23 AM

No sound in imported clips?

I`m editing a wedding video and noticed that there is no audio in some clips so I thought that there really is no audio.
But when I listened those same clips with VLC player there certainly is audio.
Why is that Premiere just cuts audio off in random order?
This really becomes a problem when editing the ceremony part of a wedding.

The clips originated from Canon XH A1 1080i HDV.

Thanks in advance,
T

Ervin Farkas October 4th, 2007 08:28 AM

Do you have a visual confirmation on the timeline that there is audio?

Sometimes we all overlook simple things: have you not clicked by accident on the speaker button and turned off the audio on that track?

James Orlowski October 4th, 2007 08:34 AM

This happens to me all the time in my CS2 install.

I think it fails in the conforming process.

Usually when this happens, I get audio for the first few seconds of the clip, then nothing for the rest.

Playing the clip in Quicktime outside of Premiere proves that there is audio, but Premiere won't play it all.

Sometimes I delete the conformation files in the media cache folder, thus forcing Premiere to re-conform the clips when I next load the project. This sometimes helps. (But then, you run the risk of another clip that had no audio problems before conforming wrong in this go-around.)

Other times, I just export out a WAVE file from Quicktime and "marry" the original video with this new audio file on the Premiere timeline.

That method ALWAYS works, as I've never had a stand-alone WAVE file fail at conforming. Only video clips with associated audio tend to fail.

Good luck.

Kevin Dorsey October 4th, 2007 10:56 AM

I've had this happen quite a bit. I delete the file from the project, then re-import it. It usually conforms correctly.

Kevin D Brady October 4th, 2007 05:36 PM

Working during the "conforming" process will do this

In Premiere Pro (1.5 at least) if you begin to edit right after you've imported a file - while the conforming thermometer is moving - you get scrambled drifted, or blank audio. Reconforming fixes this.

Shouldn't PPro only up-sample audio segments which have effects or mixes applied - rather than "conforming" the whole thing at the outset? What do you think guys?

KB

Toenis Liivamaegi October 5th, 2007 12:17 AM

It seems that Pr CS3 on my machine doesn`t like to import and conform more than 5 clips at a time.

T

Ervin Farkas October 5th, 2007 05:51 AM

Hardware dependent?

Is this error maybe hardware dependent? It never happened to me on any of my PCs, with any version of Premiere. And I had projects where I imported 100 small clips, all at once.