DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Matrox Axio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/106779-matrox-axio.html)

Graham Risdon October 29th, 2007 10:20 AM

Matrox Axio

Hi All

Is anyone out there using a Matrox Axio LE with PP CS3?

Any comments?

Many thanks

Graham

Marc Landry October 29th, 2007 10:41 AM

Hey Graham,

I just got mine recently. So far so good. I haven't done anything super extensive on it yet and was going to post up once I had a bit more hours on it. I'm coming off of an RT.X100 and an RT2000 prior to it so I am familiar with the Matrox/Premiere line.

I can say that I spent a few awkward months editing HDV without the help of the Matrox hardware and, to be honest, I don't know how people do it. Realtime is the only way for me. Not just in the editing, but in the export and compression. I't a real time saver. The extra effects are just as cheezy as ever but the I/O and realtime features are worth it. I need to get an external RAID to take advantage of the uncompressed HD but that will have to wait as my bank account is still hurting from the recent upgrades.... Ouch.

I'll post up when I have more to elaborate on.

Mike McCarthy October 29th, 2007 12:18 PM

I have 2 AXIO LEs here. Fastest Premiere editing solution available, but it may not quite a few tweaks to get it to run smoothly on your system. There is a good reason that Matrox has an extensive site focused on how to configure different hardware components for it. Stick to their list as much as possible, but it is not an end-all inclusive limit, especially for storage.

Graham Risdon October 30th, 2007 03:07 AM

Hi guys

Thanks for the quick replies...

I took the plunge and ordered one from a turnkey supplier (DVC in Portslade,UK) following a demo last week. I bought my Storm system from them 5 years ago and its worked perfectly. I've specced it up to include 2 x Quad-core Xeons, 4Gb RAM and the full production suite - Motherboard and graphics card are both on the Matrox approved list so hopefully all will be well!

I'll update the thread when I get it (2 weeks or so)!!

Paul Gale December 3rd, 2007 06:59 AM

Hey Graham,

Have you got your system up and running yet - I'm only just down the road from you and run an F350 HD XDCAM camera and Axio LE system.

Incidentally, I just posted on the XDCAM forum asking for Axio editors to sub work out to when I get busy (like now!!!) - maybe you'd be interested if that's your thing???

Cheers,

Paul.

Graham Risdon December 4th, 2007 01:45 AM

Hi Paul

Yes I did get the Axio and it's working very well - cut 4 SD projects on it so far with no major problems. I think the upgrade from Premiere 6.5 to CS3 probably accounts for the biggest improvements, but the Axio seems to be well integrated.

I'm busy at the moment, but always interested in work - what sort of stuff is it? If easier PM me. I'm off to a shoot in London now, but will be back this evening.

Graham