DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   big trouble premiere cs3! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/108184-big-trouble-premiere-cs3.html)

Jay Legere November 17th, 2007 12:22 PM

big trouble premiere cs3!

Hey guys

I am currently working on a huge project for a client and it is down to the crunch!

For some reason my software has decided to act up over the past couple of days.

Right now my main problem is that I can only play in both my source and program monitors. No scrubbing is possible. I can't see the footage in the monitors at all unless I play.

Any fast ideas

Jay

Harm Millaard November 17th, 2007 12:35 PM

Yeah, give details.

Jay Legere November 17th, 2007 01:46 PM

details...

well, the curser is obsolete, my arrow keys do not allow for scrubbing video, but the audio will be heard while scrubbing. I cannot see anything in the monitors unless I press play. White screens only. no matter where I place the curser in the timeline the video does not follow in the program monitor. The only thing I can think of is a video driver at this point.

My computer is pretty quick and has handled editing up to this point like a charm.

I did try to get rid of cineform trial last night but to no avail. I wonder if this could possibly be the cause.

Jay

Eric Shepherd November 17th, 2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Legere (Post 777145)
I did try to get rid of cineform trial last night but to no avail. I wonder if this could possibly be the cause.

Jay

This may be the cause. A white screen seems to indicate no suitable decompressor is available. I saw the same when I tried to open an HDV test video done with Quicktime on a Mac. I don't know if it was h.264, but I assume so. I wasn't able to view it, but I heard audio. I didn't get a still image though, just white all the time.

Did you capture/use the Cineform stuff in your project? Or set it up as a Cineform project initially?

Eric

Jay Legere November 17th, 2007 11:12 PM

Eric,

The footage is just DV and cineform was not used to capture the footage and I have uninstalled the cineform trial from my computer. However the white screen is still there.

Essentially you are saying I have decompressor issues?

Eric Shepherd November 17th, 2007 11:27 PM

That's what it sounds like to me. You can try posting in the Cineform forum. Or post a link to this thread there.

I doubt it would remove the standard dv codec though, that's odd. But the white screen indicates it has no way to play the video track back.

Have you tried opening another project? Or started a new project, to see if you get the same problem with them?

Jay Legere November 17th, 2007 11:47 PM

Thanks Eric for the replies,

I can tell you that I do get video but it only activates when I hit play. I have no real control over the video however.

I have tried opening and starting new projects and the same white screen appears.

Is this something you believe can be resolved without uninstalling and reinstalling?

Jay

Eric Shepherd November 18th, 2007 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Legere (Post 777343)
Thanks Eric for the replies,

I can tell you that I do get video but it only activates when I hit play. I have no real control over the video however.

I have tried opening and starting new projects and the same white screen appears.

Is this something you believe can be resolved without uninstalling and reinstalling?

Jay

I would check the Cineform forum. Or use the System Restore in Windows and see if you can back track a little bit and see if that fixes it.

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to reinstall the codecs (there must be) because I didn't know there was a way to remove the standard DV codecs in the first place. The Cineform people can prolly help though, I know they frequent this board.

I'm off to a shoot now..

Eric